Ban Appeal: PraiseTheGenius (hi it’s me again)

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Ban Appeal: PraiseTheGenius (hi it’s me again)

Postby PraiseTheGenius » Thu May 13, 2021 10:00 am

Please explain to me why I got banned. I reported a sexual harasser in a game that was very uncomfortable. AND I’M THE ONE BANNED... AGAIN. I’d like someone to explain why I got banned, because upon looking at the report, I don’t understand why I was the one banned. There were 4 different cyber bullies that were harassing me. Why are they the ones not banned?
PraiseTheGenius
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Ban Appeal: PraiseTheGenius (hi it’s me again)

Postby TrialBot » Thu May 13, 2021 10:05 am

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby PraiseTheGenius » Thu May 13, 2021 10:17 am

I’d like to say that EggyBenis, TurtleBurger, Muuuuuun, and StealthPain called me retarded, soft (I’m 12... people should not say this with kids), they called me a “niggha” (that should be a perma ban), and they sexually harassed everyone in the server with their annoying wills and predatorial (is that a word?) comments. JUST LOOK AT THE WHISPERS THAT THEY HAD... DISGUSTING... THEY SHOULD BE BANNED, NOT ME.

(Edit) - Whoever was the trial judge should lose their job. How did I get suspended, when they got off scot-free?
PraiseTheGenius
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Jerme » Thu May 13, 2021 10:47 pm

Greetings,

please keep in mind that this is your appeal and not a thread to report others. You were not called the word you claimed to have been. Also when someone is punished in a report, it does not mean other rulebreakers in the same match will receive none.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby PraiseTheGenius » Fri May 14, 2021 7:58 am

Ok, I’ll report them somewhere else. I understand. What I don’t understand is the report. The guy who reported me said I was saying I was going to f*** his mom. Is there anything in the chat that shows this? No. Why am I suspended?
PraiseTheGenius
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Jerme » Sat May 15, 2021 4:37 am

You were suspended for inciting false reports on someone else.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby PraiseTheGenius » Sun May 16, 2021 7:52 am

(8) -> SmallCockLarry: Larry the sex slave n1 - had hot juicy sex with holy pp all night long ;))) AdamJackRyan prepared and ambush while we was fuckin n
SmallCockLarry: 2 - had sex wit adam to try and save surv idk if that works tho

(12) -> (Me) AdamJackRyan: I was exe :)
(15) > Fat Pp: ur gay nighh shut up newbie

(15) -> Fat Pp
boring ass ret
N1: play wit my dick
N2: beat a old white lady
N3: resin smallcocklarry

(5) -> Holy Pp: Kill ur family
Holy Pp: Burn em all

... explain how this is “false reporting”.
PraiseTheGenius
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Jerme » Sun May 16, 2021 10:57 pm

I was mainly talking about the player number 5, which you claimed to have said certain things that they in fact did not.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby PraiseTheGenius » Mon May 17, 2021 8:10 am

Ah... I get it now. Those 4 were friends (check the lobby chat), so when 3 of them started being idiots, I just assumed 5 was doing it with them, instead of checking the logs. However, they did say “niguh” and “burn your family”, so they aren’t totally innocent.

The reason for my appeal is this (the report detail): Tryna get everyone to report me for no reason
kept calling me a sex trafficer and saying he was gonna rape my mother

1. I accidentally thought 5 (they had similar names Holy pp, Big pp, etc) was being an idiot along with his friends (check pre-game chat, they knew each other), and I shouldn’t be punished for speaking out against sexual harassers, even if it was the wrong one.

2. I was suspended for “false reporting”... but the guy said I said I was going to rape his mom. I didn’t even mention his mom. Shouldn’t that be a “false report”?

In your eyes, I’m in the wrong. In my eyes, I’m speaking out against sexual harassers, and I believe that this kind of stuff needs to be done in our society.
PraiseTheGenius
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Jerme » Mon May 17, 2021 10:45 pm

When you want someone else to be reported for somethign they did not do, its considered inciting false reports.
The report details may be a hint towards the offense, but do not have to describe it. The abusal of report details could lead to a punishment as well, but that is not something to discuss here.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby PraiseTheGenius » Tue May 18, 2021 8:45 am

So it’s a no? Seems dumb to punish a mistake.
PraiseTheGenius
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Jerme » Tue May 18, 2021 11:08 pm

Each player does have their number next to their name, thus you hardly be able to miss the given numbers for the "appropriate" report request.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby PraiseTheGenius » Wed May 19, 2021 3:53 pm

That is true. However, I don’t like the extended name/number thing, so all I see is the name, so I did get confused. All I’m saying is people can make mistakes.
PraiseTheGenius
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Jerme » Fri May 21, 2021 11:13 pm

You still have the number next to the name in the player lists, so you could've been able to use that as a reference.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby PraiseTheGenius » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:20 pm

Hello. It’s been over a month now. Can I still expect an appeal?
PraiseTheGenius
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Jerme » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:38 am

If you mean by "expect an appeal" a reply, then its quite likely, but if you meant this to be granted, then I doubt it. The final result might take some time as our current only admin has not much time that could be spent on appeals. Please note that appeals are usually handled from the back, so you have moved quite far down the list.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:34 pm

Assuming 5 is a sexual predator and telling people to report them is like going up to a police officer and saying "This man is a sexual predator" without having any proof. It's a filing a false report, and it's a crime.
No, you shouldn't be subjected to the content you were, and those people will be punished as they should, however that doesn't mean you get off scott-free just because you assume someone did something they didn't and then get the people in-game to report them for an invalid reasoning. You're not innocent either.

Your reports are valid and valid suspensions or bans cannot be appealed. Your appeal is denied.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals