appeal suspension

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

appeal suspension

Postby Kipsje » Tue May 11, 2021 11:42 am

Greetings,

I noticed I received a temporary ban for gamethrowing. After I checked the report from the trialbot I think a mistake has been made. I was mafioso, our godfather was afk and one of the random mafias decided to bus him for that reason, which i did not agree with but I know is not banable. I did out that person, but didn't report or out the other person. Somehow someone else that whispered me claimed that I outed all mafias to him through a whisper and he convinced the people in the game that I threw the game by doing that. As seen in the evidence I did not give him any information about any other evils than 4, neither in public or in whispers to him. Also I'm not playing with any people that I know IRL or online so I'm not using any programs to communicate with others. Also I was not in a party with that person ingame, so there would be a very small chance that I would know this person. My only conclusion in this story is that that very person was using a method to cheat and know the evil roles and managed to put all the blame on me.

I hope you could look into the evidence and withdraw the suspension.

Kind regards,
Kipsje
Kipsje

Re: appeal suspension

Postby Jerme » Tue May 11, 2021 10:53 pm

Greetings,

let's evaluate based on the report, whether you were framed or have thrown.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TrialBot » Tue May 11, 2021 10:55 pm

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Tue May 11, 2021 11:19 pm

In the given report did you out your fellow Mafia as Mafia for no apparent reason and secondly did you also reveal yourself as member of the Mafia. This is gamethrowing.
You could also have been suspended for leavign instead, since you did purposely leave while alive.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Kipsje » Wed May 12, 2021 1:29 pm

Honestly, I have played over 1600 games and have never experienced anything like this before. In my opinion bussing another mafia, especially one of the two killing mafia should also be considered as gamethrowing, because as mafioso I should probably change my claim and it will be a serious disadvantage if I get jailed or roleblocked. But in all these games I have always had the motto, if it doesnt work out, just go to the next game and hope it goes better. I have not insulted anyone, but was also not there to defend myself. I have not reported anyone else for their behaviour and it seems unfair if I get the all the blame, while someone else is clearly cheating. Based on the report even the blackmailer says this person is cheating, but he doesnt get reported because he puts all the blame on me. And the suspension now still mentions I outed everyone and had been in a call which is simply not true. If everyone gets these kind of suspensions for these kind of violations you could just shut your game down. Sure, there could be a reason to justify the suspension, but I think it shouldnt be based on 1 single event. If I would get daily reports about this matter I would understand, but now.....
Kipsje

Postby Jerme » Thu May 13, 2021 2:46 am

Bussing is a valid strategy in an attempt to confirm oneself as a townie.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Appeals