Ban Appeal

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Ban Appeal

Postby dingleberry0 » Thu May 06, 2021 10:09 am

I was suspended for hate speech / harassment. I believe this is for the claim that I reghunted, however, I was playing as vigi and shot at what I presumed and what actually turned out to be a member of the mafia based on the voting, what they were / weren't saying and information available at hand. My will states that I am shooting them, even though I wasn't fully 100% certain they were evil since it was n2, but I was pretty sure so I chanced it and shot them, but if it turned out they were surprisingly town then it's whatever they died.
dingleberry0

Re: Ban Appeal

Postby TrialBot » Thu May 06, 2021 1:55 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Flavorable » Thu May 06, 2021 2:22 pm

Except you clearly admitted to reghunting them in your will and also stated very clearly that it wouldn't matter to you if they were town, claiming "good riddance".

No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby dingleberry0 » Thu May 06, 2021 2:36 pm

hi, I think what I wrote is being misinterpreted. My will says that I am shooting thomasina, yes, I did shoot them. I should of clarified the will or wrote it differently, I then go on to write that they are a known thrower from previous game, but if it turns out that they are actually a town member that I shot and not an evil, then 'good riddens' like you said, so that they no longer can throw in the game and lose for town. They acted evil so I took a shot as vig and they were evil this game. I did not single them out solely based on their name, it was based on their voting and indicators in the game.
dingleberry0

Postby Jerme » Fri May 07, 2021 10:42 am

If you would ahve worded it that way, it might not have been caused a punishment, but since you didn't and more or less admitted to have targetted them for past events, or justified killing them if they were town of something that happened in a previous game.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby dingleberry0 » Fri May 07, 2021 1:58 pm

Jerme wrote:If you would ahve worded it that way, it might not have been caused a punishment, but since you didn't and more or less admitted to have targetted them for past events, or justified killing them if they were town of something that happened in a previous game.

Unfortunately, there is not enough time to type a whole paragraph at night within the small amount of time remaining. I think what I wrote is being misperceived, and it would be helpful if bmg can define reghunting, in the context of this game, with specific examples somewhere on the website underneath the hate speech / harrassment (what I'm being accused of here). Is reghunting recognizing a person using the same exact name from previous games and stating they did something in a previous game? I recognize many regulars using the same name from previously played games and learn their habits to inform my decision making, as do others. It's like poker, you can learn their tells and I didn't shoot this person solely based on past events or a justified shot from a previous game. The tos rules for gamethrowing "Intentionally going against their role's goal" which I don't believe I have this game since I shot at an evil role.
dingleberry0

Postby Jerme » Sun May 09, 2021 12:54 am

the term you used "reghunting", is better described as "targetting players for actions they have (possibly) done in previous games". Which means this would go for wanting to have a certain player reported because they might have done something wrong in a previous game, over wanting them to be lynched/killed, to other ways to ruin their game experience by other behaviour. This is all deemed as harassment.
If your latest report were for gamethrowing, then the suspension reason would have been that, instead of harassment.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Appeals