Spam Appeal

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Spam Appeal

Postby Duckferno » Sat May 01, 2021 11:06 pm

Greetings,

I was banned for whispering everyone one sentence. If you take in consideration, no one can see these whispers besides of course the chat showing I whispered. So how would the person know I was spamming unless they were a black mailer or something. Besides that fact, I didn't send that message to a person more than once, & never again. I don't have any previous reports of spamming as well, but I understand that doesn't justify it. I was playing as executioner looking to easily get my target, so I used that whisper as a way to do it. But I wouldn't classify this as spamming personally.

I also don't think that's what I was reported for. I think I was reported for spamming innocent on the last person. After choosing "innocent" again, Boa says: "reporting 5". Could have been duped though.
Last edited by Duckferno on Sat May 01, 2021 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Duck has Spoken. Please move Along Now.

psydukkk
Duckferno
Spy
Spy

Re: Spam Appeal

Postby TrialBot » Sat May 01, 2021 11:10 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Flavorable » Sun May 02, 2021 3:21 am

Spamming is not a valid tactic and your role does not impact the rules. You were whisper-spamming plain and simple.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Duckferno » Sun May 02, 2021 10:38 am

Spamming: “Continuously sending the same message multiple times, or many messages that are gibberish.” Now we are “whisper spamming”, which again, no one can see the message. So if I were to whisper everyone something different would that still classify as spam? Nobody knew what I was saying to everyone else, which then doesn’t clog up the chat. If I were to really whisper spam, I would whisper the same person more than once continuously.

I don’t agree that it’s spamming, and I can understand why you see it as relating to “spam”, so I can see why it’s not a valid tactic.

psydukkk
Duckferno
Spy
Spy

Postby Jerme » Mon May 03, 2021 10:16 pm

Each whisper triggers an alert for everyone that you are whispering and if you whisper the same or similar message to multiple people, it falls under the spam rule, as well.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Duckferno » Tue May 04, 2021 11:02 am

Okay, I see. Would it also count as a disturbance in the game, or is this just because of spam itself.

If so, is this permanent?

Good day.

psydukkk
Duckferno
Spy
Spy

Postby Jerme » Tue May 04, 2021 10:50 pm

Whispering itself is not agaisnt the rules, but spamming those is, if that is what you asked about.
The given punishment is a permanent ban, sicne the report is indeed valid, it will stay like that.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Duckferno » Wed May 05, 2021 9:42 am

rip

psydukkk
Duckferno
Spy
Spy

Return to Appeals