Appeal Ban for Spamming

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appeal Ban for Spamming

Postby TheAiden2 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:42 am

My account was recently banned for spamming. I would like to appeal this ban because I have made sure to be on my best behavior ever since my 3rd suspension. Can a moderator please review this case?
TheAiden2
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Appeal Ban for Spamming

Postby TrialBot » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:45 am

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby TheAiden2 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:51 pm

I only said it like 3 times? I thought it was a suspension if it was 5?

Like I've said I've been trying to be on my best behavior and I never meant this as malicious spam
TheAiden2
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:50 pm

Greetings,

the given situation is deemed as group spamming, thus handled accordingly.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TheAiden2 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:39 am

Does a group spamming mean that they think I did this on multiple accounts or does it mean that because each person was sending the same message it counts it as each person sent it 5 times? If so, how is it fair that I get punished for the actions of others?
TheAiden2
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:13 am

Participating in group spamming means that you spam the same sentence with many others more than one time. If you were suspected to control all accounts, then you'd be banned for multiaccounting, instead.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TheAiden2 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:41 pm

And so because I was copying the message from others and they were copying it from me we are then viewed as "1 spamming entity" and can then get banned because the message was sent more than 5 times? I'm assuming not but is there anyway this can get lowered to a suspension? I don't understand how I should be held accountable for what these other users did considering that personally I was 2 messages below the ban worthy threshold. Also is there like an in depth version of the rules you can show me? The rules on the Blankmediagames website are very vague and it is clear that you have some sort of in depth version that helps you get more in depth to these reports.
TheAiden2
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:45 pm

Keep in midn that when you are punished it does not mean the others will get away with that. The rules are worded rather vaguely on purpose in order to not grant any loopholes.
The current punishement is a ban due to this being your fourth.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TheAiden2 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:15 am

I'm not worried about the others getting away with it. I just don't think it's fair that half the reason I'm getting banned is because others partook in the spamming with me. I was just hoping you could lessen or even undo the punishment because I don't see how it's fair for any of us to be held accountable for what other users did, it just doesn't make sense. And also how is this vague rule system going to work? I understand wanting no loopholes but this leads to users getting banned/suspended and it being fair in the moderator's eyes, but not fair in the user's eyes.

I don't want to be rude but this moderation system is not very effective. Rules that are left intentionally vague so they can snare users, a banning system that only grants 3 suspensions before it just permanently remove your account (that you have to pay for), a trial system that allows users to decide who is guilty and innocent, and lastly a set of moderators that don't even get paid.

Thank you for your time, it's just sad to see this game's downfall after that stupid bot crisis. I hope this new Town of Salem change that's getting hyped up is going to be good.
TheAiden2
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby TheAiden2 » Tue May 11, 2021 8:44 pm

So just to get things straight you aren't going to accept my appeal and I am going to get punished for the actions of others?
TheAiden2
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Tue May 11, 2021 11:14 pm

Time will tell on this. I apologize, but I am not allowed to grant or deny the appeal for the given offense and the ones that may are currently not available.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:27 am

This was a group-effort to spam, with you and your friends.

Your reports are valid and valid suspensions or bans cannot be appealed. Your appeal is denied.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals