I was banned for no reason?

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

I was banned for no reason?

Postby NotLucqs » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:59 pm

a little earlier today I tried to boot up town of Salem to play with some people on discord and despite the fact i have not played for multiple months, have been banned for "cheating?" i don't know what i could have possibly done to cheat considering i haven't played in close to a year so I was just wondering if I could get unbanned. thanks.
NotLucqs

Re: I was banned for no reason?

Postby Jerme » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:28 pm

Greetings,

when the game tells you, that you were suspended for cheating, then its neither banned (which would mean that your account is permanently locked), nor has the temporal lockout no reason. Please mind your wording.
Cheatign is a rather "broad" reason. You could have tried to influence the game with threatenung to reveal spoilers or similar when something is (not) done, you could have claimed that you gained information outside of the game, used a language that differs from your selected Chat language, or you tried to use screenshots/streams to proof something that happened in game.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TrialBot » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:30 pm

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:39 pm

Archived reports cannot be appealed, thus your appeal is denied.

Just as a heads up, the suspension will begin at the time the account logs in the next time after the punishment was assigned.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Appeals