Ban Appeal for Leaving

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Ban Appeal for Leaving

Postby Phuizour » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:52 pm

Hello Staff,

I wish to be unbanned from Town of Salem for the reason of "Leaving"
Some points i would like to make from my point of view are as follows

It was a casual match which I play because my internet in Australia is very poor, i can understand a ranked match but all the games i play are casual.
    Long time supporter
    For someone with 1600+ hours on Steam and having spent money on this game time and time again i feel there are many more people that are worthy of being banned

I appreciate BlankMediaGames for trying to improve the gameplay of Town of Salem after many year of trolls, cheaters, hackers, exploits, game throwers, spammers but but I would like to offer a suggestion in maybe having actual mods in the game to manage the bans because AI in 2021 will always look over the circumstantial evidence as well as not take into consideration certain things, and the community based banning system is a good idea in theory however it doesn't take into consideration there personal feelings on the matter and their personal agenda.

Although i have been banned and feel that it was unjustified I will offer an apology to the staff for leaving the game and will try talking to my ISP in Australia and advise them that i need better internet connection as well as 99% of Australia as well xD anyway I would appreciate the ban being lifted.
Phuizour
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Ban Appeal for Leaving

Postby TrialBot » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:55 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Phuizour » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:02 pm

I Would quickly like to add that after the TrialBot posted my reports i can see 1 for leaving which i would like to apologies for my thought process at the time was "I have stuff to do and most of the Mafia has already left the game so me leaving shouldn't cause the town to lose or hinder the game in anyway" i realize i could of done it would the dramatic exit but in future i will take note of that and to be honest i didn't realize it was a major offence to leave in a Casual match and would like some clarification around that or to update the rules i guess.
Phuizour
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Jerme » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:12 am

Greetings,

leaving the game whilst beign alive is against the game's rules and was in the past as well -> https://www.blankmediagames.com/rules/
The rules do not differ between ranked and unranked games and are enforced in every match. It was never mentioned that ranked and unranked matches are treated differently and thus there does not need any rule update.

Based on our appeals system may only invalid, non archived reports be appealed.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phuizour » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:26 am

Ok then well yeah i apologies for leaving but are you able to explain to me why after 1 match of leaving i got banned? when for all you know my PC could of turned off, internet went down, power cut etc etc.
Phuizour
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Jerme » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:31 am

Intentional leaves are against the rules and could cause a suspension, when there is no intention in hte lvea then nothing will happen. The current ban happened to be because you had 3 previous punishments. The fourth is a ban by default.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phuizour » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:46 pm

Those previous reports i can't seem to pull up as they're archived, people report people for random reasons i mean not all the time but some of the time they're just salty and upset so they report. Also we don't even know if those reports were found as guilty so. Can i please be unbanned? and perhaps i can voice my thoughts on the suggestion thread on an updated rules or guidelines because this system in general has many holes for example using a community feature to report people is ok but enforcing those rules should be left to a non biased (natural party) and archiving reports is a silly idea in general.
Phuizour
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Jerme » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:41 am

The reports that TrialBot posts in an appeal thread are only the ones with a guilty vedict, not every single report on your account.
Random reports with no base are hardly leading to a suspension, so those can be igored. Reports are reviewed by people and later staff before they would be able to lead to a suspension.
We as staff are a neutral party as its our task to judge a report without bias. If one is not feeling capable to be without bias for one report, then it will be given to an other staff member for an appropriate, unbiased closure.

It was not our decision to archive the reports, so it does nto matter if its a "silly idea" or not.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phuizour » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:56 am

Ok thanks for the responses, really do appreciate that just so i can understand the situation.
Anyway what is needed to appeal the ban?
Phuizour
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Jerme » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:17 am

The repots with a guilty verdict need to be both invalid and not archived in order to be appealable. Since the only non archived report is valid (as you did leave the game intentionally), the ban is unlikely to be reversed, I apologize.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phuizour » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:52 am

Sorry can you explain to me why you archiving reports and then using that as an excuse to ban me is my issue?
It seems quite unfair that you archived these reports and then there are still being used against me.
Phuizour
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Flavorable » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:47 am

Just because they're archived, does not mean they are invalid. Regardless, you can check this post as to why reports were archived.

You still gathered 4 guilty reports, and just like for everyone else, the fourth strike is a permanent ban, archived or not.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phuizour » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:45 am

You ban people with a genuine interest in the game of Town of Salem yet you do nothing about the thousands of other trolls on the game.
It really is a shame that it's come to this because i did like the game regardless of the trolls and cheaters and i can see why people when they get banned just make ALT accounts and then procced to troll in the game.
Anyway if there is no room for negotiations for someone that is obviously invested in the game and realizes he messed up then i suppose I'll find another similar game.
It's a shame also to leave this game because regardless of what you think is right or wrong you are still human and with that should in theory come with compassion and sympathy and the fact you don't allow for 2nd chances is quiet disappointing.
Anyway i have said what I wanted to and i see it's pointless trying to talk to the moderation team because even though you have an "appeal" section on your forums I'm guessing there is a very low chance of being give a second chance.
It's been fun playing the game for 1700 hours and as this will be my last post on here I'll end with this.

Don't Cry Because It's Over, Smile Because It Happened
Phuizour
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Jerme » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:30 am

The given rules of appealing does not allow any second chances, so as much as we'd like to in some occassions, we cannot/may not grant them.
Also there are currently not thousands of trolls active, as we plan to stay on top of them. Their existance is yet not part of the appeal.
I apologize that we cannot do something in regards of appealing your given ban.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:31 pm

Phuizour wrote:You ban people with a genuine interest in the game of Town of Salem yet you do nothing about the thousands of other trolls on the game.
It really is a shame that it's come to this because i did like the game regardless of the trolls and cheaters and i can see why people when they get banned just make ALT accounts and then procced to troll in the game.
Anyway if there is no room for negotiations for someone that is obviously invested in the game and realizes he messed up then i suppose I'll find another similar game.
It's a shame also to leave this game because regardless of what you think is right or wrong you are still human and with that should in theory come with compassion and sympathy and the fact you don't allow for 2nd chances is quiet disappointing.
Anyway i have said what I wanted to and i see it's pointless trying to talk to the moderation team because even though you have an "appeal" section on your forums I'm guessing there is a very low chance of being give a second chance.
It's been fun playing the game for 1700 hours and as this will be my last post on here I'll end with this.

Don't Cry Because It's Over, Smile Because It Happened

If you bothered to do any reading prior to posting, you'd have saved yourself the trouble. Everything was written clear as day in the Information Regarding Appealing thread, including the archived reports situation, and that valid reports cannot be appealed.

You had 4 chances, hence the 4 reports. You had an extra 2 chances than what you were asking for with this post, and still didn't take care of your account and your behavior.

Appeal denied.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals