appealing ban

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

appealing ban

Postby myzteriuzluver » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:39 am

Banned for spamming, but all i did was whisper my will to half the town in the beginning. that is not spamming, that is me telling each individual that i whispered. I didn't even overload the town with spamming at all. This is not spamming as the information was relevant to the game and relevant to my role and again, i only whispered individuals, so there was no spamming since each individual only saw their message once
myzteriuzluver
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: appealing ban

Postby TrialBot » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:40 am

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:27 am

Keep in mind that each whisper has the same content and triggers an "[your name] has whispered to [other players name]" and thus floods the chat. When you do with using the same message to multiple people this could be quite seen as spam.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby myzteriuzluver » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:39 am

So is it or is it not spamming? The guide i see reads: "We define spamming as: posting the same message 5+ times in a particular phase OR 15+ times over the course of a game OR posting non-game related information 15+ times in a game.
*The Defense phase (the user is on the stand) is exempt from these rules. "

But would it be considered spamming if they were whispers and thus messages that weren't delivered to everyone but to individuals? If this would count as spamming due to everyone seeing me whisper, wouldn't that set a precedent that anyone who whispers 5+ in a particular game or 15+ total would be spamming because they too would produce the "whispering" message?

Also, do note that the person who reported me for spamming couldn't read whispers so HOW would the person exactly know if i was spamming or not? I feel this report was made in bad faith and the judge made a bad call here
myzteriuzluver
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:12 am

Regarding the latter statement, there are some ways. For the rest: 5+ means here 5 or more, so sending 5 messages are technically seen as spam.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby myzteriuzluver » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:20 am

Okay, well should my account be permanently banned for that?
myzteriuzluver
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:25 am

The account was banned due to this being the fourth punished rulebreak. We do have a tiered suspension system, the first is 24h, the second 72h, the third 168h and the fourth perm the latest.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby myzteriuzluver » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:29 am

alright
myzteriuzluver
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:35 pm

Reports are valid and valid bans cannot be appealed.

Appeal Denied.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals