Appeal: Suspension?

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appeal: Suspension?

Postby lexihuh » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:09 pm

I login to TOS to play cause I haven't played in about a week and I go to login and find that my account was suspended for 3 days, which granite could be longer/worse. However I'm unsure as to why, it says because of game throwing, but I have not done so, at least any that I am aware of. I would like to see these reports of game-throwing that got my account suspended and exactly how I did so. I'm not saying to take away my suspension, because you probably will not do so, but so that way I can see what I did wrong and correct it for future games. Thank you for your time, and have a good evening.

EDIT:
I have just reviewed the reports from the bot, one of hate speech which has been archived and I am not allowed to view it? But I saw the report on game throwing? Please explain why my account was suspended for making the game end in a draw? As far as I know, that isn't game throwing? At least not that I'm aware of? I didn't refuse to end the game, I wanted it to end in a draw because the other participant was okay with ending in a draw, nobody won, but nobody lost. I do not believe my account should have been suspended for that.

EDIT 2:
If anyone would like to please explain to me how this is game throwing it would be very much appreciated as this is not seen as game throwing when you look at the rules for TOS.

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT/DAY :)
Last edited by lexihuh on Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
lexihuh

Re: Suspension

Postby TrialBot » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:10 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Re: Appeal: Suspension?

Postby Jerme » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:55 am

Greetings,

only invalid, non archived reports may be appealed. The report itself was given a guilty verdict, because you evaded the wordfilter to use an otherwise blocked word.
The given report is gamethrowing, because you traded a victory for Mafia with a draw. Why should be deciding not to win not be seen as gamethrowing?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby lexihuh » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:58 pm

Okay, I don't know what word I would have typed, but thank you for explaining that. For as the game ending in a draw, I understand, but a draw is a win for everyone, so I don't see how that is bad. But I'll make sure not to do this in the future. Thank you for your time.
lexihuh

Postby Flavorable » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:59 pm

lexihuh wrote:Okay, I don't know what word I would have typed, but thank you for explaining that. For as the game ending in a draw, I understand, but a draw is a win for everyone, so I don't see how that is bad. But I'll make sure not to do this in the future. Thank you for your time.

A draw is not a win for everybody. A draw is a draw for everybody. Your goal is to WIN, only if it's impossible to win is your next goal to draw.

Add to that that in this instance, the Pirate had already won, which means that you didn't even get a draw, everyone but the Pirate actually lost.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby lexihuh » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:05 pm

I see that now when I read everything from the report, thank you for explaining this, I'll make sure not to do it again. Thank you for your time, though I have a question, when is it acceptable to end in a draw versus being forced to end in a draw? I'm not sure if my question makes sense, but please if you would answer to the best of your ability. Thank you :)
lexihuh

Postby Jerme » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:13 pm

You should prioritise a win over a draw and a draw over a loss.
I hope that is understandable.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Appeals