Banned for gamethrowing

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Banned for gamethrowing

Postby TheFalcoholic » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:27 pm

I got disconnected midgame and when I tried logging back in it told me I have been banned for gamethrowing; however, I do not recall ever doing this. I believe there may have been a mistake.

How could we resolve this?
TheFalcoholic

Re: Banned for gamethrowing

Postby Jerme » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:48 am

Greetings,

in those cases, you should PM TrialBot on the Forums to get the report(s) with a guilty verdict (each report symbolizes an own suspension). But regardless TrialBot will list the reports here, so we do not have to look up the reports in order to talk if the punishment is warranted or not.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TrialBot » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:50 am

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:16 pm

Only invalid, non archived repots may be appealede. In the non archvied report did firstly out yourself to the Jailor as Witch, secondly claimed to fully go against the Mafia, wanting them to kill each other.
This is 100% gamethrowing.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TheFalcoholic » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:44 pm

Jerme wrote:out yourself to the Jailor as Witch, secondly claimed to fulyl go agaisnt the Mafia, wanting them to kill each other.
This is 100% gamethrowing.

Being entirely serious, witch is neutral. I didn't think I'm required to side with the mafia. I would not consider that gamethrowing; however, I will take note in the future should I be allowed to play again.
TheFalcoholic

Postby Flavorable » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:56 pm

Witch may be neutral, but the Witch's win condition is "Live to see the town lose".

What you were doing was: "Live to screw over the mafia and then make myself lose". I don't see how there would be any confusion over this report.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TheFalcoholic » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:18 pm

I am sorry for this.

Could we turn my ban into a temporary suspension? This will not happen again.
TheFalcoholic

Postby Jerme » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:46 am

Only invalid, non archived reports may be appealed, so when that does not apply to any of the reports, then I am afraid that it will not happen.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TheFalcoholic » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:39 am

I think my reports are invalid but somehow got archived by mistake.

With the whole witch thing, I get it. I shouldn't have done it, and I deeply regret it. I don't think a permanent ban is appropriate though. I would gladly accept a temporary suspension and learn from this.
TheFalcoholic

Postby Jerme » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:28 am

Archived reports cannot be appealed anymore and they are not "archived by a mistake".

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:34 pm

Per Information Regarding Appeals;
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=8913#p3542650

Your reports are valid and valid bans cannot be appealed. You're welcome to return on a new account, however.

Appeal Denied.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals