Appealing: begri

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appealing: begri

Postby begri » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:55 pm

Hello, apparently yesterday I got banned for "gamethrowing" which is something I never really do. Yesterday I had a guy in my lobby for like 10 games in a row that was just outting his mafia members d1 which made me angry and made me swear. However I never threw any game and I usually try my best (unless all the towns are confirmed or whatever) as a Town I always try to do smart decissions, even though as any townie, sometimes I spam, because town can not really read wills and stuff.

However I am concivnced, I never gamethrew,therefore I would like to ask, if it would be possible to revisit the ban.

Thanks a lot, begri
begri
Jester
Jester

Re: Appealing: begri

Postby Jerme » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:00 am

Greetings,

let's have TrialBot ost the report in question, then we cna see if the punishment is valid or not.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Jerme » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:13 am

Well, it seems that report was closed for the wrong reason. It should have been hatespeech/harassment instead of gamethrowing.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby begri » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:28 am

Unfortunatelly I can not open the 2,3 and 4th link regarding the screenshots. I would also like to ask if it is possible to somehow lift the ban?

You know, I bet it will be one of those screenshots when there was a guy 11games in a row in the ranked lobby outing mafia d1, because everyone was raging at him. + there is also that "chat filter" thing which at least censors the bad words. However I know, that it is still not good to harass other players, sometimes it can happen to everyone.

Therefore is it possible that I would get a second chance regarding this?

And regarding the "spamming reasons" Like everyone spams in the game and at least I do not spam with non-game related stuff, the only thing I spam with is information that I got regarding mafia/whatever in game related.
begri
Jester
Jester

Postby Flavorable » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:48 am

The reports that are archived are not eligible for appeal.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby begri » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:53 am

What do you mean archived? I am sorry but I have no idea what exactly it means in this case? Why are they archived?
begri
Jester
Jester

Postby Flavorable » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:34 am

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=8913

I suggest reading pinned posts before posting in a subforum in the future, as that saves you and us a lot of time having to explain things that are already readily available in pinned posts.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby begri » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:09 pm

If you are reffering to the 19th November 2020 message, then my account got banned yesterday - 27.2.2021
If you are reffering to some other pinned message then please let me know, since I read the forum before posting my topic and I did not find anything regarding that..

This is the first ban I got, I remember getting 1x account suspended but that was a few year ago when I was playing. I got back to the game like 3weeks ago and suddenly I got banned, therefore this is a fresh ban

If I message the TrialBot I again get the same message that the reports are already archived.
begri
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:41 am

The reports that you cannot open, are marked as archvied, as they were filed before the 19th November 2020.
Each of the listed reports symbolizes a suspension that was issued against your account.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby begri » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:13 pm

As I said, I got my account suspended just once and it was a several years ago, when I used to play, I got back to ToS like 3 weeks ago +- and all the reports submitted by the bot area "archived" , except the first "gamethrowing" where the reason is "he gave exe the win" Therefore I do not understand why am I getting banned now if all the reports are already "archived" therefore submitted before 19.November 2020?

According to the reports there is no new offense, other than the first one which you said was "wrong reason"
begri
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:19 pm

Each report is an own suspension. There was a time in which a suspension started when the report was closed and thus the account's owner might not have noticed it.
The reports were dated (filing date, newst to oldest): Oct 23rd 2017, Sep 29th 2017, July 13th 2017. The inappropriate IGN report could have already been a permanent ban, as you chose a pedophilic name there.

We have suspension tiers, so each suspension issued to your account will increase the length of the following. The times are 24h, 72h, 168h, perm.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby begri » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:30 pm

Okay I understand that, so that is a mistake on my point, however I still do not understand why did I get my ban now on 27.2,2021 when I do not have any new report issued against me? Since the only report (other than the archived one, in which my acc was suspended for) is the one regarding game throwing, which you yourself said was irrelelevant, since on that report there is a reason "gave exe a win" which is not a valid reason if you give Executioner win, if your team is winning anyway.

So what is the actual reason behind this ban this time? Since I am still not understanding why I got banned in the first place (not talking about the archived reports from 2017).
begri
Jester
Jester

Postby Flavorable » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:21 pm

The archived reports are not irrelevant. They are previous suspensions. A fourth guilty report always ends in a permanent ban.

The only difference between archived reports and the new report is that you cannot appeal the archived reports, but they still very much count as strikes against your account.

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby begri » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:47 am

Yes, but they are irrelevant regarding this ban, since the bot showed me 4 reports - 3 of them are archived, therefore I served my suspension for and the only non archived report is the "gamethrowing" report which was not even gamethrowing, since the whole reasoning there is "he gave exe win" so how is that gamethrowing and what exactly did I get banned this time? 27.2.2021? Since I did not get banned for anything reasonable this time (not talking about past suspensions).

I just feel like you guys are just knit picking things from my responses and not actually responding towards the whole problem.
begri
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:57 am

The latest report is what got your account punished with the 4th suspension regardless of what I have previously said of this being for the wrong reason. That was the only thing that we were trying to tell you.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby begri » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:14 am

So you said that it was a wrong reason and now you backdown and tell me that it is justified?

Can you please look at the screenshot again? The reason on that screenshot is "he gave exe the win" and I am going to ask, how is giving executioner the win when your team is winning anyway a gamethrowing??

And also, on that screenshot there is a different guy literally outing his mafia members (its not me, i was john proctor in that particular game) so what exactly is the reason that I got banned? What gamethrowing did I do?

All I am asking is that you would actually check the screenshot and give me exact thing how i gamethrew in it..
begri
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:25 am

Its not a "screenshot", its a full report fully containing the log of the game.
I am simply telling you what the current reason of your punishment is. I am personally not allowed to grant your appeal, so I did alert someone about this.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby begri » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:54 am

Okay but still, literally the reasoning behind the report there is "he gave exe the win" therefore I do not think that there was anything that actually violated the rules.

Sure, hopefully that other person can look at it as well and then eventually grant me the appeal
begri
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:24 am

The reasoning would be "gamethrowing", the details are what the users put in during the report.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby begri » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:09 pm

Yes and I checked all of it and I see no gamethrowing there, there is a guy who outed his mafia D1 and its not me, so what gamethrowing did I do there?

I mean is there even a chance that someone will actually look at it properly, or is it just going to be back and forth texting between me and you?
begri
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:29 pm

I did tell you that the reason "gamethrowing" is incorrect, as it appears that it should have been rather closed as hatespeech/harassment.
The one I alerted will eventually go for that.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby begri » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:33 pm

Okay, understood, well just by looking back at it, there was just one bad thing that would be considered harrasment which was "die in ur sleep" but it was just meant in game, obviously I do not wish anyone bad stuff irl. And then I just asked why is his life so sad and yeah.

Okay, well I hope that it will be solved soon, is that person going to write the result here later on, or how am I going to get notified regarding the decission made from the other person?
begri
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:13 pm

The decision will be posted on this thread, so you will get notified.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:07 pm

Apologies for the delay.

I've corrected the report reasoning, as you were severely toxic in your Will. To quote;
4 should kill himself, this is the 4th game in a row where he is throwing, outing mafia and doing shit, freaking retarded piece of trash that deserves to die in his sleep and get haunted by his worst nightmares in his afterlife

4 games in a row this trashscum does this, 3x im mafia with him

Giving exe win just because means, you are going to draw so mafia doesnt lose? Retarded logic

We have no tolerance for such behavior, and as such your fourth strike will remain, however I will keep the thread open long enough for TrialBot to post the corrected report.

Appeal Denied.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TrialBot » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:10 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Return to Appeals