unfair suspension

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

unfair suspension

Postby finerstorm » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:33 pm

appealing: finerstorm
reason: leaving the game while alive

hey so i believe this is a slightly unfair ban, i typically get a message on like day 2/3 saying that i have been kicked for a game for an "abnormal reason" or something like that, i was going to report this as a bug but i saw that you guys said it was just a full server kicking people to free up room so i didnt bother. this issue has been going on for over a week and can happen 3-5 times a night which sometimes can make the game not as enjoyable, because i get a good role ie. juggernaut and then day 2 before i get to do anything im kicked for "abnormal connection" (cant remember the exact words). i think in this instance my laptop died midgame play which resulted in, when i plugged it back in, my game kicking me. i know that was my fault but i didnt actually click to leave the game or anything so i think a suspension is unfair for this case

thank you for your time,
finerstorm
finerstorm
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: unfair suspension

Postby Jerme » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:07 pm

Greetings,

let's take a look at the game's report then we can talk further about it.
ToS does currently not have a reconnect system, so if you are disconnected once, you cannot reenter the game.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TrialBot » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:10 pm

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:14 pm

The main part of the given punishment is you being afk in that game. What's the use in playing an online game when you are afk during the playtime?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby finerstorm » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:32 pm

yes i understand that but its just the fact that i was only gone for a short period of time to go pee and then i come back to being disconnected, and the rules specified that being afk for a long period of time is when it may result in a ban, i never intended to leave the game and wouldve loved to return after my short time away to continue and try my best
finerstorm
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Flavorable » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:07 pm

Any AFK during the game is not permitted. As soon as the game started, you went AFK, you could have left the lobby prior to the game starting if you had to go to the toilet (or for any other reason).

Furthermore:
i was going to report this as a bug but i saw that you guys said it was just a full server kicking people to free up room so i didnt bother

Not sure where you heard this, but it wasn't from any staff member, seeing as that's definitely not true.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby finerstorm » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:19 pm

ok i do apologise and i promise you it will not happen again, just because i was in a party with my friends i wanted to just be quick and come back and resume gameplay, thank you for your time

but regarding the kicking to free up room thing i heard it here:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=42267
"If everything else works fine, then it's more than likely just the server having issues and booting people off as it's overcrowded."
internet speed is fine its 35.2mbps download and 8.59mbps upload so assumed internet wasn't the issue and it was the latter option
i assumed the server was just having issues the past week and a bit so that's why i initially appealed because it was completely out of my control as why i left

forum was posted by "nellyfox", its a pinned post
finerstorm
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:46 pm

Nelly was a former mod. The getting kicked fro mthe game is usually not because of that reason though. Freezes rarely ahppen anymore. Its either a disconnect that happened due to a short connection timeout, or an issue happened that was not "caught", that could've caused the problem.
When you use the browser version, please save the content of your console log (F12) after the abnormal disconnection happened and send it to support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com, so this could get investigated. I heard those with Spectrum as internetprovider could have some troubles with the game.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby finerstorm » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:52 am

i recently started using the steam version to see if the issue would go away (it didnt) so how would i get the console log thing from the steam version? would it just be the same?
the only thing i would have to disagree with you on is the "rarely" :lol: it normally is several times a night lmao
as for he internet im from the uk so not sure we have them as a provider, i personally have sky, which doesnt have the best reputation in the world but the speeds im getting should be fine
finerstorm
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:22 am

Well, the Steamclient writes logs, you can find them in the following path: "[UserDirectory]\AppData\LocalLow\BlankMediaGames\Town of Salem"
After the unity upgrade, I dod not experience any of the freezing or kicking at all.
Spectrum is an American provider, so I doubt that.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:31 am

I updated the post which is from 5 years ago. You should take such things with a grain of salt.

However the report is still valid, so the appeal is Denied.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals