Appealing for wrongly suspension by cheating / spamming

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appealing for wrongly suspension by cheating / spamming

Postby Schadenfreuder » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:48 pm

Hello,

Just checked to see that I was considered "spamming/cheating" for writing 2 lines in turkish and getting a 7 days of suspension.

If you filter out what I wrote is :

1. sucuk: Kılıçdaroğlu sert cikti (Kılıçdaroğlu = is a political figure and this phrase means "Kilicdaroglu got pissed" and this is just a funny phase in general. There were more than one players in game who knew Turkish - It is usually <1 and I was referring to those guys.)
2. sucuk: yok yumurta (The other user "yumurta" wrote : discordun var mı sucuk - and i replied as "no")

These are the texts I wrote in Turkish on chat - and i got reported & got 7 days of suspension.

I even wrote "sucuk: no we know english cool down" on chat to slow down the "spam reporters" but i guess i failed.

I am also appealing again for the 2nd suspension i got for the SAME ACTION (Inapp IGN =(susp for 1 days) Hate speech (it is actually again same Inapp IGN action) = 3 days) to be dropped from my suspension count which caused this bs suspension to be 7 days.
Last edited by Schadenfreuder on Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Schadenfreuder
Survivor
Survivor

Re: Appealy for wrongly suspension by cheating / spamming

Postby TrialBot » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:50 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Re: Appealing for wrongly suspension by cheating / spamming

Postby Flavorable » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:00 pm

The appeal for the other reports is still open, therefor they don't need to be addressed right now before an Admin gets to it.

As for the newest (cheating) report: ANY language other than the chat's current locale (in this case; English) is considered cheating and punished as such, regardless of what is being said. Make sure you speak English on the English server, Turkish on the Turkish server and Spanish on the Spanish server.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Schadenfreuder » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:09 pm

Ok noted that writing is another language can be considered cheating.

But as you can see, in this case i wrote only 2 lines in Turkish in total on chat for the whole game (one line for responding to someone) and I am obviously neither cheating nor spamming.
Schadenfreuder
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Flavorable » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:18 am

It's not "can be considered" cheating. It simply is considered cheating.

The amount spoken doesn't affect the outcome. And it's not about what people may or may not know after the fact, it's about the fact that speaking a different language than the locale affects the other players as well.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Schadenfreuder » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:26 am

Sorry but i strongly disagree. I just wrote one line of text (with definitely no context) and the outcome is 7 days of suspension? Both the context and the length of writing should be considered when deciding on cheating.

If you are saying that it is not, you are definitely doing this wrong.
Schadenfreuder
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Jerme » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:59 am

the 7 days are based on your given report tier, as the length of the suspension is based on your previous suspensions (-> 1st Suspension is 24h, 2nd 72, rd 168h and the 4th perm).
What you wrote in a different language does hardly matter (unless the meaning is common knowledge, for example obvious greetings).
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Schadenfreuder » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:16 am

Please, just escalate / finalize the issue(s). My first appeal against second suspension still there, waiting for 3 weeks to be resolved. And now this is a 7 day suspension. I don't want to wait this one out.
Schadenfreuder
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Jerme » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:53 pm

Well, the process can take a while, but when the report is in fact invalid, then the process could have gone a bit faster due to us pushing this internally.
If its not handled yet, the chances are high, that the suspension is valid and thus the appeal denied.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Schadenfreuder » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:57 pm

You guys are blindly following the rules. It is lawful, but neither objective nor fair. You make me do my time even though I am appealing that it wasn't fair.

In no judicial system you get a 2nd penalty for doing something once in one week intervals. And after that, you give another penalty which becomes a repeated offense and you give a worse, unfair penalty for a single line (two words to be exact) of foreign language writing which you consider as "cheating" - which "cheating" is definitely not this.

I ask you, is this really the right way? Shouldn't there be a middle way? If there is anything you can't do, that is why I am asking you to fw/escalate it to someone.
Schadenfreuder
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Jerme » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:57 pm

Our task is to enforce the game's rules. If they are broken, we act on this. Sure there might be some errors that we could have made and we're willing to correct them (which is this subforum for), but if the report is valid, there is nothing to correct.
The suggestion of a "middle way" is already implemented by being able to close reports as an exception, if the one handling the report thinks that the broken rule does not warrant a suspension. This was not the case in your example.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Schadenfreuder » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:30 am

i agree - you are enforcing the game's rules.
i see - the one handling the report thinks that my action caused a suspension.

What i don't see is that there are some bad flaws behind the penalty process. Like giving suspension to someone twice between 3 day period for the same action (which would make the offense done twice).
Like the penalties are based on the repeat offense. I mean, the penalty length should be decided on the seriousness of the crime. No one would steal bread for 4 times and get behind bars for life!

Plus It can be easily defined to do so. If you give someone a +11 day suspension in total, you can ban him too : just the same as right now (1-3-7-ban = +11 days)

I don't think that the one that deemed my report "guilty" is not aware of my past suspension. I mean, I could have gotten 3 suspensions before and this might be a 4th suspension causing a ban.
Would this 2 words i wrote in chat (which again i repeat : has no context) are really ban-worthy? Or even a 7 day suspension? That is the case here.

I am writing these just because I want the system to get better. Otherwise I'd really say F it and move on. I dont really care about my score / money i'd given to play (I mean 1$?). All I play is classic anyway.
Schadenfreuder
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Flavorable » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:21 am

Alright, let me explain it to you, since my earlier explanation didn't get across, I suppose:"

The other appeal (for the game where you got suspended for the same game two different times) is still open. We can't give you a verdict on that, since it needs to be checked by an Admin, and the Admin will get to it as soon as possible. But arguing about it in your new appeal, which is for a new report, won't change anything. We cannot change the outcome of the double-suspension, only an Admin can, and for that, you will need to be patient.

This appeal is solely about the validity of your last report, and it is a valid guilty report. The suspension time/tier is a chain effect from the other open appeal, so for that to have a resolution, again, patience is a requirement.

Apologies if that wasn't clear before.

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Schadenfreuder » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:20 am

Actually it was quite clear before. That is why I asked you guys if that was possible to speed things up.

My comments on the tiered suspension system might not seem in place, but since i got 7 days of suspension due to that double suspension, it seemed to be the place to talk about it.
If I didn't get the double suspension, I again would strongly disagree that what i did would cause a 3 day suspension which makes the case for that tiered suspension system critic.

Plus, It is weird that I also have a "spamming" report for the same game (which definitely i didn't). I really wonder (or not actually) what would happen if i got another "guilty" verdict for that and get a ban.

So in short, what you guys wrote was quite clear. Going to wait for the admin for the appeal.
Schadenfreuder
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Flavorable » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:28 am

Schadenfreuder wrote:Actually it was quite clear before. That is why I asked you guys if that was possible to speed things up.

My comments on the tiered suspension system might not seem in place, but since i got 7 days of suspension due to that double suspension, it seemed to be the place to talk about it.
If I didn't get the double suspension, I again would strongly disagree that what i did would cause a 3 day suspension which makes the case for that tiered suspension system critic.

Plus, It is weird that I also have a "spamming" report for the same game (which definitely i didn't). I really wonder (or not actually) what would happen if i got another "guilty" verdict for that and get a ban.

So in short, what you guys wrote was quite clear. Going to wait for the admin for the appeal.

Just to answer your questions: Normally, once you get a guilty report, all open reports on you close. Your double suspension was a system failure type deal, it's (luckily) one of those things that rarely happens. I have, however, reminded the Admin about the double suspension, so hopefully he can get to it soon.

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:25 am

Per this appeal, speaking even one word of a different language than the Locale is Cheating per the rules. As such, the report is valid.

Appeal Denied.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals