Ban Appeal

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Ban Appeal

Postby stardragonb1 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:37 am

Hello my IGN is stardragonb1 and I was playing as ghost in a game as the blackmailer. From what I understand blackmailer has the ability to hear other people's whispers. So when my mafia teamates had died and Coven decided to reveal to each other via whisper(I'm still confused on why they did this). I decided my best course of action was to try to get town on my side and get every coven hanged. That way when the numbers were low enough, I could lie about one of the town being evil and get them hanged. Then i'd kill the remaining town(spoiler alert: I lost). Anyway I was reported by the coven that I got hanged for "gamethrowing"? I'm confused on how I was gamethrowing seeing as i'm the blackmailer and coven isn't part of my faction. My teamates(mafia) didn't even have any problems with my strategy but yet I got banned by another faction even though I was just using my wits to try and win?
stardragonb1

Re: Ban Appeal

Postby TrialBot » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:55 am

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby stardragonb1 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:20 am

Also yes outing yourself as the blackmailer can be seen as gamethrowing but my teamates in dead chat had no problem with this seeing as I was trying to get our team to win. My plan was to make it look like I had given up and was working with town until I could spread suspicion and get the psychic hanged. That way I can kill the other town and help my teamates win. The only party that had a problem with my strategy was coven who got mad at me outing them and costing them their win even though they aren't in my faction. Also gamethrowing means you're throwing the match, in no way had I given up or was planning to throw the match. I claimed a low-priority evil in all any while town was focused on coven and the hidden neutral.
stardragonb1

Postby Jerme » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:41 am

Greetings,

you outted yourself as Mafia that caused your death eventually. You could have gone by the Mafioso's will instead, in addition that you continued your claim later on.
You could still have chances to win, but decided to put them away
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby stardragonb1 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:45 am

Understandable, does this mean the report was valid and I was in the wrong for going about the approach I took?
stardragonb1

Postby Jerme » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:59 am

Usually is outting yourself as evil in a situation in which you are the minority (and you are as only living maf with unknown roles, so known allies) considered gamethrowing. So yes the approach you took was throwing. There are better ways to pick up on this. Deathnote, TI claim, just basic pushing...
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:10 am

Reports are valid and valid bans cannot be appealed.

Appeal Denied.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals