Ban Appeal: smolmomo

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Ban Appeal: smolmomo

Postby smolmomo » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:11 am

Hi team, I am smolmomo and I am appealing the ban placed on my account recently.

Report ID: 3304011
Reported User: 14. smolmomo (Romee)
Report Submitted: Feb. 19, 2021 5:09 am
Reported Reason: Spamming

I am requesting that my permanent ban be reversed into a temporary ban, as I truly believe this verdict is unfair. My in-game chat was not spam filtered, and nor was it the same consecutive message. I understand that spam is against the rules and I regularly tell people to stop doing that. I am a prominent player in the community and have made many friends via this game. I have thousands on thousands of games under my belt and am currently ranked #7 on the ranked ladder-- something I have worked hard on over the last few months.

My last strike was over a year ago and I have since learnt from that mistake, and have not had any occurrence of hs/h again. Likewise in this situation, I would like to be given the opportunity to rectify my mistake and learn from this situation in a positive way.

Despite knowing that I have made an error in the particular game that was reported, I still strongly believe I shouldn't be banned for something like this. Please reconsider this decision.

Thankyou & Luv u,

smolmomo.
smolmomo
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Ban Appeal: smolmomo

Postby TrialBot » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:15 am

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:34 am

Greetings,

please keep in mind that only invalid, non archvied reports may be appealed. We also have a tiered ban system, which means that the fourth strike/suspension will be the a permanent one.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby smolmomo » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:56 am

Jerme wrote:Greetings,

please keep in mind that only invalid, non archvied reports may be appealed. We also have a tiered ban system, which means that the fourth strike/suspension will be the a permanent one.

Yeah, I'm appealing the perma banned one!
smolmomo
Executioner
Executioner

Postby smolmomo » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:03 am

I have also not gotten a spam report since report ID "2919484" :/

Also, > viewtopic.php?f=40&t=100268&p=3189008#p3189008

This player was given an exception on a permanent ban for spamming. I hope I'm given the same.

I have played over 7000 games, have been a regular player since 2016.. this account holds value to me on a sentimental level and to have it banned for something that I don't do often or on purpose is so ridiculous!! *:(
smolmomo
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Flavorable » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:24 am

Someone else getting an exception doesn't mean you're entitled to one. Especially since we handle reports (and appeals) on a case by case basis.

Also, not breaking rules often doesn't negate breaking the rules regardless.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby smolmomo » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:57 pm

Flavorable wrote:Someone else getting an exception doesn't mean you're entitled to one. Especially since we handle reports (and appeals) on a case by case basis.

Also, not breaking rules often doesn't negate breaking the rules regardless.

If anything not breaking rules often speaks for my character. I have definitely grown and improved as a person since my last guilty report, and that was ages ago.

Not being reported for spam regularly means that this isn’t something I intended, nor did purposefully. Honestly, I just think this is insanely unfair and HOPE I get given the same leniency that the other guy did because I don’t think this is deserved.
smolmomo
Executioner
Executioner

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:37 am

I figured at almost 8,000 games someone would know the rules inside and out.

I'll change this to an Exception and remove the strike, however as Flavorable said, appeals and reports are handled on a case-by-case basis. Just because one person gets one resolution doesn't mean you'll get the other. Remember that your next report will be a permanent ban.

Appeal Approved.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals