Ban Appeal

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Ban Appeal

Postby OvahLawdX » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:44 am

So, I tried logging in today only to be informed that my account has been banned for leaving games while alive?

So, I’ll be honest, I’ve done stupid, even borderline offensive stuff in this game sometimes that I regret. I realised that upon discussing with one of the mods on the forum and was generally well-behaved for a while.

Now, from what I can tell, my last report was filed around 4 days ago for leaving upon revealing myself as Mayor. This may sound like complete bullshit to you guys, and I dunno if anyone here actively plays this game on mobile, but it has this weird glitch where the game may freeze randomly. I can confirm that this was the particular thing that happened during this game and anything I can do to try and prove that I didn’t leave this game on purpose, I don’t mind doing.

So I just woke up, tried logging in and got met with ‘Flummery! Your account has been banned for leaving games while alive!’ or something similar.

Is there anyway I can appeal this as I honestly don’t think this is deserved. Anyway to prove to the mods that I didn’t leave these games on purpose I can try and do. I don’t wanna leave this game simply because of how much fun I had with it whilst taking it seriously and stopped being poorly behaved.

Cheers.
OvahLawdX
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Ban Appeal

Postby TrialBot » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:45 am

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:05 am

Greetings,

please note that you can only appeal invalid reports. The timing of the leave would be then a bad coincidence just after the Mayor reveal.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby OvahLawdX » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:43 pm

Jerme wrote:Greetings,

please note that you can only appeal invalid reports. The timing of the leave would be then a bad coincidence just after the Mayor reveal.

All I’m asking is *why* would I leave on my own accord? How does that make sense? My account already had 3 punishments against it and knowing that my next punishment would be a permanent suspension, I see no reason for anyone to believe I would purposely leave a game to intentionally harm townies. From what I can recall, I was upped on the stand, forced to reveal as Mayor, the game continues but once the timer reaches zero for my verdict for the votes, the clock remained at zero and my game froze.

I wouldn’t mind paying for another account in the future, but I just find it a bit ridiculous that I can be banned for something that I didn’t choose to do lmao. I don’t really see how it’s my fault for the game freezing. Thank you for your time, though.
OvahLawdX
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:43 am

I am not blaming you for the freezing, just the timing is weird.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby OvahLawdX » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:14 pm

Jerme wrote:I am not blaming you for the freezing, just the timing is weird.

Cheers. I’ll try and do some internal engineering on the game and somehow prevent it from freezing whenever I next buy an account if you like lmao.
OvahLawdX
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:58 am

Hello there.

Leaving after revealing yourself as Mayor is counted as Guilty for leaving, DC or non, due to the impact made by such an issue. However, based on your history on your reports, this isn't the only time you've "disconnected" so you would have gotten suspended for the amount of reports based on leaving anyways.

Appeal Denied.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals