Appealing: Couillard

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appealing: Couillard

Postby Couillard » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:11 pm

I was banned for claiming coven leader when I was, in fact, the coven leader. I was talking to a friend and I meant to go to my second monitor and message my friend (not in the game btw) and say "im coven leader" or something like that because we were talking about tos, but i missed the click on the message bar (probably) and it went in game chat. I even told my teammate what happened, and used it to my advantage to fake jester for a day and avoid getting lynched. I kinda just went with it and claimed coven leader again the next day because i wanted to fake jester. You can see in coven chat at night that i was actually panicking and did not intend to reveal my role. What i did was technically gamethrowing, but it wasn't my intention at all. Also if the context really matters, this is when it happened https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... appeal.png Also, I'm just wondering, doesn't permaban only happen after 4 suspensions? this is my 3rd but it just says that I'm banned.

Thanks for your time. I'm an idiot.

p.s. idk if its against the rules to not be focused on the game, but ill make sure to never discord and play ever again lmao

Edit: title fix
Last edited by Couillard on Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Couillard
Jester
Jester

Re: gamethrowing ban appeal

Postby Couillard » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:14 pm

also i just looked at the game log in trialbot, and the guy who reported me literally lied in the report. I didn't "claim cl for no reason", they knew it was a mistake and I told them.
Couillard
Jester
Jester

Re: gamethrowing ban appeal

Postby TrialBot » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:15 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Re: Appealing: Couillard

Postby Jerme » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:46 am

Well, I guess you might need to look where you are typing what.
4 suspensions are what could cause a ban the latest. For you it could be that you have been suspended by the filter before.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Couillard » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:44 am

I did get suspended by the anti spam at one point. Does this mean that I can't get unbanned?
Couillard
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:36 am

That is likely to be the case, I apologize.
I do not have the final say here, though.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Couillard » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:50 am

Don't wanna be annoying here, but I also don't want to be perm banned. The rules say that gamethrowing is when you intentionally lose/hurt your team's chances of winning.
Technically, I didn't gamethrow because it wasn't intentional. If you look at game chat you can probably tell that it wasn't intentional
edit: refer to night 3 chat
Couillard
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:50 am

Please remain patient when TurdPile or LevinSnakesRise go through the appeals and give the final judgement. The posts are usually handle from oldest to latest, so each time you bump your thread, its getting back into the line.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:37 am

Apologies for the delay in getting to your appeal.

I can confirm you did have a 4th strike at some point from the filter when it was still suspending people for triggering it too many times. I would appeal the strike if you didn't have a report closed that was valid for toxicity, per TrialBot.

I'd have also entertained appealing the gamethrowing report had you not continued to say you were CL Day 4, and instead claimed something else to act like Jester. A mistake turned into purposely outing yourself over a day's time in-game and thus makes the report valid.

Appeal Denied.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals