Ban Appeal

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Ban Appeal

Postby Flippy874 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:08 pm

Recently, I have been suspended for hate speech and harassment after being reported by someone who was upset I protected the Town Protection by not putting them in my Lookout will and sending it to the jailor. They firstly accused me of game throwing, yet I was banned for defending myself.

The only thing I see I did wrong here was tell the town they were dense c**nts as I was defending a transporter that they were heavily targeting. I understand that I should not try to bypass words that the filtering system purposely censors. However, this should not count as an offence considering had I used a different word, it would have been fairly appropriate to securing a win. Almost everyone can testify that they have lost games to the mafia manipulating their town by typing in all caps, threatening report, insulting the town and defending their own mafia. This is simple strategy for the mafia. But when I defend someone I hard read as innocent, I am somehow in trouble? Calling someone dense once should be taken as criticism for their poor quality of judgement or lack of sharpness. I expect people to at least try to be sharp or think when they’re in this particular mode. Otherwise they should be advised to do classic as I said. The only additional thing I said was to use their f***ing brain. Stupidity, which was used against me several times is a more offensive term as it doesn’t question sharpness.

There were people readily insulting me as I was alive and as I was dead that offered no in-game advancement or suggestions of another way to ranked. Examples including i wont claim saying “fk you all”, and Deeds trying to silence me after attacking my will deletion despite my efforts to be polite using words such as “please”, facilitated my defence and suggestion. A user even told everyone to report me after I used a viable strategy that help the town win even after I was dead.

It seems that the moderators and a majority of that town were heavily against my whispering to the Jailor and deletion of will, so I will explain to the best of my abilities about this strategy. When the Jailor comes out and you have no suspicion that there is another Jailor, and you are the lookout, you should whisper him the people who have visited him as they are most likely town protection roles who tried to protect him. Whispering to the Jailor visits is very difficult to fake, but it can’t be misinterpreted as witch whispering mafia if the Jailor already comes out and numerous people have been contacting him privately. Instigating a town member’s suspicion of whispers as mafia should not constitute as feelings of harassment by the whispers either. Furthermore, if there is one whisperer only to the jailor, that means that there isn’t multiple conversations between witch and mafia, because there would have to be a bigger number of whisperers. The Jailor knew that I had given him a reasonable lookout will yet never defended that I had sent him the will. This may have lead town to attacking me and voting me up in the first place. A will deletion would prevent mafia from knowing the town protection which is the reason lookouts whisper their Jailor in the first place. Lookouts should not be prepared to reveal themselves as this is one of the strongest town roles.

I will also try to assure you that I was defending the transporter: I abstained from voting rather than voting guilty.

In conclusion, I defended my harassment of strategies and the inabilities of town to comprehend these basic strategies of the Lookout role. If you do not understand the strategies and think they should be considered game throwing I will try to worsen my gameplay to avoid any further bans. But it seems to me that isn’t the case, as Mafias were able to get me hung with ease and they weren’t banned for fake harassment or acting surprised as they were pushing town. I have offered nothing more than suggestions to players to improve their gameplay or avoid the difficulties they are causing other players leading them to harass other individuals or make unjust reports on other players.
Flippy874
Jester
Jester

Re: Ban Appeal

Postby TrialBot » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:55 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Flavorable » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:36 am

The c-word is hard filtered for a reason, evading said filter is against the rules and does get punished as such, just as any other hard filtered word.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Flippy874 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:09 am

It’s my understanding that the word refers to female genitals. Could you explain to me how that word is offensive? This is my first time finding out that the word is hard filtered, could you give me a list of hard filtered words so I don’t run into trouble again?
Flippy874
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:51 am

Well, hardfilterted words are usually not capable of being sent, when typed correctly. So there does not need to be a list, as the servers tells you not to send that message.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Flippy874 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:48 pm

Ok but can you explain why that word is offensive? I don’t use that word a lot and have never heard of anybody else getting banned for it so I assume the judgement towards that word changed. Please reconsider the decision for the strike.
Flippy874
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:57 am

In America/Texas that word is seemed to be deemed as quite offensive, which is why BMG added it to the filter.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Flavorable » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:06 am

Flippy874 wrote:Ok but can you explain why that word is offensive? I don’t use that word a lot and have never heard of anybody else getting banned for it so I assume the judgement towards that word changed. Please reconsider the decision for the strike.

Plenty of people have gotten punished for evading the filter on that word and said word has been hard filtered for at least 4 years.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:17 am

Report is valid and valid suspensions cannot be appealed.

Appeal Denied.

You may find a list of filtered words, both hard and soft-filtered below;
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals