Appealing: MarlesChartel

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appealing: MarlesChartel

Postby MarlesChartel » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:20 pm

I was banned for a game where as mafia I pushed to lynch the witch. The witch had played obviously terribly, refusing to claim and witching the same mafia members multiple times. We had a provable win regardless of whether they were lynched, and I decided to spite them and win myself while making them lose. The details of my only report is "Day 5 lynching Witch as Mafia to keep him from winning".
MarlesChartel

Re: Appealing: MarlesChartel

Postby TrialBot » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:50 pm

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby MarlesChartel » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:49 am

Hi,
Bumping this since it's been a week. As a correction from my original post, it was a 1 day suspension and not a ban. Nevertheless I would like it expunged.
MarlesChartel

Postby Jerme » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:32 am

Greetings,

please know that denying the Witch here the victory out of spite is indeed seen as harassment and thus is the report valid.
Keep in mind that only invalid reports may be appealed.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby MarlesChartel » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:15 am

It is considered harassment to deny someone a victory for game actions they took in game? Is it harassment to deny an executioner a win because they were siding with the opposite faction?
MarlesChartel

Postby Jerme » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:39 am

It could be indeed, unless it could cost the Mafia the win. This mostly affects the ranked/rp mode, irrc.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby MarlesChartel » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:00 pm

I don't agree and I don't think this is reasonable. I'm messaging the two listed admins asking them to overrule this decision.
MarlesChartel

Postby Flavorable » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:15 pm

Keep in mind that appeals are NOT handled via PMs.

I highly suggest you actually read the pinned posts in the Appeals subforum, because breaking more rules is surely a way to not get an appeal granted. You will have to be patient an await an Admin reply, which can take anywhere between a minute and a couple months.

Also keep in mind that whether or not you find your suspension/ban reasonable or not has no bearing on the appeal whatsoever.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:43 pm

It was decided that Witch being denied a win with Mafia in a valid allowed situation is punishable, so unfortunately your report is valid. Apologies.

Appeal Denied.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals