Appealing: SweetStock

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appealing: SweetStock

Postby SweetStock » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:05 pm

I apologize for my incoming abruptness.

People throw around the word retard like it's going out of fashion. You can tell people to kill themselves and whatever else falls into the moral grey area of insults. Yet, the moment I call someone who claims to be a female online 'dumb', I get a temporary suspension. Would the situation be the same if I did the opposite?

What if, Instead of: "Ur clearly a girl 3, because ur dumb af", I said: "Ur clearly a guy 3, because ur dumb af". Would the same punishments be applicable? If so, your team has a lot of catching up to.

Passive-aggressive remarks aside, my comments were neither racial, homophobic, nor sexual. You can argue my statement was harassment, but I've seen and been reported for much worse, only for those reports to go completely under the radar.

If no appeal, I'd like to request a no-nonsense definition of what can be defined as harassment per the ToS rules. If my report is justifiable, It's clearly a massive grey area that can be overstepped by accidental triviality and I'd like for a clear definition of what is allowed and what is forbidden.

If there are any similar cases such as mine, feel free to link them in your response.

I hope to hear from you soon.
SweetStock
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Appealing: SweetStock

Postby Jerme » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:35 am

Greetings,

please keep in mind that you coudl get suspended for harassing others in the manner you described one would not be.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TrialBot » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:35 am

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Aureolin1 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:23 am

SweetStock wrote:Yet, the moment I call someone who claims to be a female online 'dumb', I get a temporary suspension. Would the situation be the same if I did the opposite?

What if, Instead of: "Ur clearly a girl 3, because ur dumb af", I said: "Ur clearly a guy 3, because ur dumb af". Would the same punishments be applicable?

If no appeal, I'd like to request a no-nonsense definition of what can be defined as harassment per the ToS rules. If my report is justifiable, It's clearly a massive grey area that can be overstepped by accidental triviality and I'd like for a clear definition of what is allowed and what is forbidden.

Yes, the same punishment would apply if the genders were reversed. Sexist statements against men are equally forbidden.

The definition of harassment which includes sexism is the following: "Racism / country shaming / language shaming, religious intolerance, intolerance to sexual orientations (homophobia, transphobia, etc.), sexism, and general bigotry." Neither the official rules nor the juror guide go into detail about what can quality as harassment in this category. Your statement is sexist because it assumes dumb players are girls.
Aureolin1
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby SweetStock » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:31 pm

Aureolin1 wrote:Yes, the same punishment would apply if the genders were reversed. Sexist statements against men are equally forbidden.

The definition of harassment which includes sexism is the following: "Racism / country shaming / language shaming, religious intolerance, intolerance to sexual orientations (homophobia, transphobia, etc.), sexism, and general bigotry." Neither the official rules nor the juror guide go into detail about what can quality as harassment in this category. Your statement is sexist because it assumes dumb players are girls.

Thank your for the reply

If the rules do not go into specifics then I have no grounds for suspension. I understand that harassment covers such a broad spectrum that it would be near impossible to list but it sounds to me like the rules are intentionally vague to give jurors moral authority in situations like these.

The person that reported me is notorious for inciting false reports and has done so many times in the past against me and many other players, they are an issue for another time, however.

I see a lack of similar guilted reports, which I specifically requested. It would be helpful to me to know that the ToS team is helping to combat sexism by suspending and banning users who also call girls 'dumb'. I'll take some solace in knowing that I can call any male or female a retard regardless of gender, so long as I remain as vague as the rules are.
SweetStock
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Aureolin1 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:52 pm

SweetStock wrote:If the rules do not go into specifics then I have no grounds for suspension. I understand that harassment covers such a broad spectrum that it would be near impossible to list but it sounds to me like the rules are intentionally vague to give jurors moral authority in situations like these.

I see a lack of similar guilted reports, which I specifically requested. It would be helpful to me to know that the ToS team is helping to combat sexism by suspending and banning users who also call girls 'dumb'. I'll take some solace in knowing that I can call any male or female a retard regardless of gender, so long as I remain as vague as the rules are.

The developers created intentionally vague rules for a reason, and it wasn't done to give any jurors moral authority. A lack of specifics in the rules does not mean your suspension is invalid. If I had any similar reports on hand, I would have included them in my original response. Any good examples I can remember are archived, and I cannot search reports by their details to attempt to find similar cases like this one.
Aureolin1
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby SweetStock » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:53 pm

Aureolin1 wrote:The developers created intentionally vague rules for a reason, and it wasn't done to give any jurors moral authority. A lack of specifics in the rules does not mean your suspension is invalid. If I had any similar reports on hand, I would have included them in my original response. Any good examples I can remember are archived, and I cannot search reports by their details to attempt to find similar cases like this one.

For which reason? It's very hard to believe your word of mouth when you offer no alternate explanations. How is the playerbase supposed to conform to the rules when they're as vague as they are? Especially when they create embarrassingly petty situations such as these.

I have yet to hear from anyone regarding a similar suspension or ban, most likely because few would bother taking the time out of their day to report cases such as mine. Save for the individual mentioned earlier. If there are no examples of similar cases then I'd have to assume that there are no similar reports. If there are no similar reports then it implies that almost the entirety of the playerbase does not consider my situation worthy of punishment.
SweetStock
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:51 am

SweetStock wrote:
Aureolin1 wrote:The developers created intentionally vague rules for a reason, and it wasn't done to give any jurors moral authority. A lack of specifics in the rules does not mean your suspension is invalid. If I had any similar reports on hand, I would have included them in my original response. Any good examples I can remember are archived, and I cannot search reports by their details to attempt to find similar cases like this one.

For which reason? It's very hard to believe your word of mouth when you offer no alternate explanations. How is the playerbase supposed to conform to the rules when they're as vague as they are? Especially when they create embarrassingly petty situations such as these.

I have yet to hear from anyone regarding a similar suspension or ban, most likely because few would bother taking the time out of their day to report cases such as mine. Save for the individual mentioned earlier. If there are no examples of similar cases then I'd have to assume that there are no similar reports. If there are no similar reports then it implies that almost the entirety of the playerbase does not consider my situation worthy of punishment.

Apologies for the delay in response to your appeal.

If you have issues with the rules being vague, which is how the Developers set and want to keep the rules, then you need to email them, we cannot assist you, we only enforce their rules.

You can email them via: support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Appeal Denied.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals