Banned due to spamming

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Banned due to spamming

Postby avenger1068 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:58 am

Hey,
My account was banned due to my brother's mistakes he kept spamming the following message: "EVERYONE SAYS REPORT JAILOR BUT NO ONE DOES IT BUT PLZ REPORT HIM" I asked him why and he told me that he was frustrated with people not reporting gamethrowers. I had a talk with him about his misbehaviour and now he understands he broke rules while trying to enforce rules. I just wanted to appeal that could the ban be taken away. He understands that he made a mistake and will never repeat his mistake again. If you still think he will continue with this behaviour and you stay firm with your decision I would just want you to know that why am I getting punished for his mistake. If he cant be forgiven then atleast I should be able to use my account. I will make sure he can never use my account again and we can maybe give camera permission to TOS so they can observe that I am playing not my brother. Thank you I really would like my account back.
avenger1068
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Banned due to spamming

Postby Jerme » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:49 am

Greetings,

please keep in min that accountsharing is not allowed the account is responsible of the actions it performs.
Only invalid reports may be appealed.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TrialBot » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:50 am

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby avenger1068 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:10 am

I am appealing the most recent report the one my brother played on he will never play again could you please give me another chance I can provide camera permissions to TOS so this rule can be enforced. He was spamming to enforce rules and not being a "troll" furthermore he didn't try to get past the spam filter. Once the game placed spam filter he waited and posted again. If you still can't forgive him please do not punish me for his mistake and like I said we can use camera permission to make this rule true.
--
I would also like to convey how is it fair someone being racist and saying the most terrible things has the same punishment as someone spamming to enforce the rules cause they are frustrated with people not reporting game throwers. I believe the intention should matter, you might say the rule was still broken. But there is a difference between the spirit of the law and the letter of the law. I am certain this is not the justice in the spirit of the law. If it was being troll-like spamming random political words or just being a troll I agree it should be bannable. But simply enforcing rules? Then this is not true justice. As I end my message I would like you to remember a few quotes from Shakespeare, "The quality of mercy is not strained", "It(MERCY) is an attribute to God himself", "It is enthroned in the hearts of kings".
Last edited by Jerme on Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged multipost. Please use the edit button if you have something to add and have posted the last reply.
avenger1068
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:47 am

Greetings,

as I said before: We are punishing the account for misbehaving/breaking the rules. You are not allowed to share an account with others, thus the situation with your brother would not have taken place if you minded that part. We also don't have time to watch someone's camera playing ToS, so this way is not going to happen. Not taking into account that we would not know how you or your brother would look like, nor that is not really possibly to do that at all atm. That aside have given many previous players/accounts the brother/relative excuse, because they did not want to take responsibility of their actions and hope to get forgiveness for that. Thus we have a reasonable doubt on this to be true on every new occasion, this is not an exception.

Keep in mind that our ban system works in a tiered way, so the length of a suspension increases when one is issued. The given lengths are 24h, 72h, 168h and perm. In your example you would only get the same punishment as a racist person when you are on your last strike (= 3 previous suspensions). We are enforcing the rules of the game, which include to not spam in general, there are no limitations of this. I apologize, mercy is something we as people might be capable of, but the current rules of appealing are limited to only revert invalid reports, none of yours seem like that, so mercy may not be granted.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby avenger1068 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:26 pm

Ok if it is going to be like this then I have no other option other than appealing my other 3 reports which have been archived. You might say it is too late I would like to argue that the appeal process is not marketed well to the community properly. You might say doesn't matter it is your responsibility, I would like to reply with if a moderator makes an error and guilties my report and on top of that I am not informed about the appeal process how am I at fault?
avenger1068
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby avenger1068 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:29 pm

Also I apologise you as a MOD have to deal with me due to the incompetency of the rule-makers. Something like police dealing with people due to the incompetence of the politicians
avenger1068
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Flavorable » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:23 pm

avenger1068 wrote:Ok if it is going to be like this then I have no other option other than appealing my other 3 reports which have been archived. You might say it is too late I would like to argue that the appeal process is not marketed well to the community properly. You might say doesn't matter it is your responsibility, I would like to reply with if a moderator makes an error and guilties my report and on top of that I am not informed about the appeal process how am I at fault?

The appeal process is clearly stated and updated on the official forums (these forums). Not to mention there is no mention whatsoever for appeals being a right a person has in the terms of service.

Archived reports are not appealable. If a Moderator made an error, it is safe to assume you would have appealed when you got suspended, not after they got archived just because the report you're trying to appeal is likely to get denied.

Appeals are not a right players have. Account sharing is against the rules and is quite clearly mentioned in the terms of service as being "your responsibility". You being oblivious (or ignorant) of the rules doesn't mean you get a free pass for breaking them.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby avenger1068 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:06 pm

I apologise and would like to state that my intentions were not dishonest or troll like in any way whatsoever
Last edited by avenger1068 on Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
avenger1068
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby avenger1068 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:12 pm

I would also like you guys to look into this. Jereme posted this on someone else's appeal:

"Only invalid reports may be appealed, so if all reports are in deed valid or not appealable, then I am afraid that the account you are posting with, is not able to return.

I'm afraid that you might need to return with a new account, when you'd like to continue to play,
I apologize."

Sooooooooooooooo what is the point of banning someone if a new account is already allowed. This just shows you all want to make money and I recommend you into looking more into this policy as well as looking into giving lesser punishment for someone spamming and someone being extremely rude that can make people depressed. Punishments are for people so they can improve, permanent punishments are because you think this person will never improve. Firsty I am sure all think I can improve secondly if you give permanent punishments then WTH are you allowing them to "return with a new account". I get you are only following the rules but I believe the rules need to be changed and you all should talk to your rule makers or whatever they are. Cheers
avenger1068
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Flavorable » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:01 pm

avenger1068 wrote:I would also like you guys to look into this. Jereme posted this on someone else's appeal:

"Only invalid reports may be appealed, so if all reports are in deed valid or not appealable, then I am afraid that the account you are posting with, is not able to return.

I'm afraid that you might need to return with a new account, when you'd like to continue to play,
I apologize."

Sooooooooooooooo what is the point of banning someone if a new account is already allowed. This just shows you all want to make money and I recommend you into looking more into this policy as well as looking into giving lesser punishment for someone spamming and someone being extremely rude that can make people depressed. Punishments are for people so they can improve, permanent punishments are because you think this person will never improve. Firsty I am sure all think I can improve secondly if you give permanent punishments then WTH are you allowing them to "return with a new account". I get you are only following the rules but I believe the rules need to be changed and you all should talk to your rule makers or whatever they are. Cheers

Punishments are for people to improve, yes. That's why we have a 4-tier suspension system. But people don't get infinite chances. You had 3 prior chances, you broke terms of service to let someone else (allegedly) use your account who then broke the rules again. That's all on you, not on us, nor on the "rule-makers".

And yes, since the game went pay-to-play, ban evasion is no longer against the rules, because that way, at least if people feel the need to continuously break the rules and ignore suspensions, at least the Devs can make money off it to fund more updates, better servers e.t.c. Not to mention people tend to learn more quickly if it actually costs them something when they break the rules enough times to get banned.

Also, if you disagree with the rules, it might have been wise to not agree to them when creating an account in the first place, because not agreeing with the rules means this is not the right community for your needs or wants.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby avenger1068 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:55 pm

Ok fair enough I agree with your logical points but I played for 5 years and on top of this while spamming there were no bad intention I still think my appeal is valid because there were zilch of bad intentions while spamming. I would be very grateful if you were merciful and I would prefer you view my appeal through a moral lens, a lens of humanity, a lens where forgiveness is heavenly. I also agree the policy is what it is but spamming would consider a troll like behaviour where I keep repeating song lyrics e.g. "I DONT CARE I LOVE IT". Like one of the MODs said spamming and hate speech are sentenced equally which I think is unfair but now agreeing with the second MOD since I played the game I agree to this rule too. However, is it really spamming if it has no ill intentions I think in my case mercy should be given as I would never repeat this mistake again I will NEVER ever do this and I did not do something unethical like hate speech or harrasment.
avenger1068
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:48 am

Apologies for the severe delay in getting to your appeal.

In regards to your question, yes it's still considered spam when going by the game's rules, therefor it's still valid.

Reports are valid and valid bans cannot be appealed.

Appeal denied.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals