Appealing: Jason246

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appealing: Jason246

Postby Jason246 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:31 pm

Hello

I want to appeal the game throw suspension that I have received.

Reason why I believe the suspension is unjustified:

• Refusing to claim a role is not game throwing.
  • Pushing to have surv claims lynched is not game throwing.

The first report states that I threw the game by not defending and I believe that refusing to claim a role is not a punishable offence. This is a game of misinformation and not claiming or lying about a claim could just as easily be seen as a game throw. EG: Person claims Bodyguard but is killed and forged as a Jester.
Also, no where in the rules does it state that I have to claim when challenged.

The second report states that I was trying to frame the mayor but this is not true. The mayor first claimed survivor and after I pushed to have the survivors lynched, the mayor then revealed.

The third report gives no details.

On the use of profanity, I am not defending that and if that is part of the suspension time then I accept it without contest.

I trust you will find that I did not throw and should have my suspension time reduced.

Thank you,
Jason246
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Appealing: Jason246

Postby TrialBot » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:35 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Flavorable » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:12 pm

While you are right in that you don't necessarily have to claim on the stand, refusal to defend yourself at all is against the rules.

Especially when you say things like "I will not claim. Fuck you.", I personally don't see any reason for that apart from actively NOT trying to win the game, instead of trying to win it.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Jason246 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:09 pm

I have read
  • https://www.blankmediagames.com/rules/
  • https://town-of-salem.fandom.com/wiki/Town_of_Salem_Rules <- I'm not sure if this is official though?

and am unable to find where it states that a player has to "defend yourself" while on the stand.

The closest I can find is:
If someone does something that ends up hurting their chances at victory, but it is not considered game throwing, and they admit to losing on purpose, it is reportable.

I was pushing for two survivor claims to be lynched, one of which later revealed to be a mayor. This is a play at getting rid of two roles that may turn on the town late game and I'm 100% sure this is not against the rules.

I personally don't see any reason for that apart from actively NOT trying to win the game, instead of trying to win it.

For context: Player 2 and 3 claimed surv, 3 later revealed to be a mayor.

I also clearly stated that
  • You just proved my point.
  • Survs ALWAYS lie
  • Kill 2

That is a defense! I pointed out that one of the two surv claims just lied. What's to say that the other surv claim was not also a lie?

How does my refusal to claim a role (which the rules state that I am not required to do) devalue that accusation and constitute a game throw?

I trust you will find that I did not throw and should have my suspension time reduced.
Thank you,
Jason246
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:08 am

the refusal to defend onself and instead encouragign the town to lynch oneself is regarded as gamethrowing. Your behaviour is leaning towards that. Sure, you do not have to claim, but also not encourage the town to lynch you. Your behaviour on stand was a bit questionable.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Jason246 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:56 am

• leaning towards that
  • Your behaviour on stand was a bit questionable

Jerme, your actions were leaning towards raping the child. You are hereby found GUILTY.
Jerme, your behaviour on stand was a bit questionable in the context of committing murder. You are hereby found GUILTY.

impartial

not supporting any of the sides involved in an argument:

impartial advice
A trial must be fair and impartial.

Merry Christmas.
Jason246
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby TurdPile » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:50 am

Report is valid and valid suspensions may not be appealed.

Appeal Denied.

Merry Christmas.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Appeals