come on I didn't admit to leaving guys

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

come on I didn't admit to leaving guys

Postby Paradox12 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:02 pm

lol somewhere at the end of the discussion phase my game suddenly froze for some reason. I was like "shit" "oh well I'm just gonna go play ranked anyway, but I hope I don't dc". Anyway, I did dc. Like 5 seconds after the game froze, I was kicked to the menu screen with the classic LOVELY abnormal disconnection message. I didn't know any of my messages went through, but I was really hoping I didn't disconnect. Anyway, although I did disconnect, that is not my fault as there is no way for me to prevent an abnormal disconnection so I don't think I should be banned for it. I was just trying to let everybody know that my game got stuck and that I would probably dc.

Actually, while we're at it, let's talk about my third suspension as well. I'd like to emphasize that the jailor doesn't need to exe any executioners, and that evil roles are allowed to claim executioner. I know you'll just make some random counterargument like "if evils can kill revealed mayors, does that mean vigis should too?" or something irrelevant like that. I'm talking specifically about claims. Evils claim roles to survive, whether it be a town or a neutral role. Why can't town claim other roles to survive as well? If I believe claiming exe helps me survive, why should I not be able to do it as an invest? If claiming exe is considered "giving the jailor incentive to execute me", then why is it not considered gamethrowing as evil? Is it okay to encourage the jailor to execute you because you are the godfather? Clearly not, because there are people who have been banned for that exact reason as evil. But never has someone been banned for claiming exe in jail as evil, which means that claiming exe IS a proper defense in jail. And neither is it the same as "claiming an evil role" because evils are not allowed to claim other evil roles either. So if claiming exe is both a proper defense and not considered "claiming to be evil", what argument do you have that it is against the rules to do as investigator?

Yes, I know that my appeal for that report has already denied. I've sent 2 messages to Turdpile, both of which he has read (since they moved from my outbox to my sent messages), but since he doesn't wish to talk to me in private, why don't I just post something here for everyone to see?
Last edited by Paradox12 on Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paradox12
Transporter
Transporter

Re: come on I didn't admit to leaving guys

Postby TrialBot » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:05 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Paradox12 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:06 pm

to clarify, I know it looks like I was leaving to play ranked. I was gonna play ranked after the game anyway, so when the game got stuck I was just like meh whatever but I at least tried to tell the town that I was gonna get dc'd (didn't have the time to do that ofc).

Samuel Sewall: hope i dont dc

Anyway, it's really weird that my messages went through, on my screen they didn't (of course though, nothing else was working but the textbox for me to type in the chat so I couldn't tell anyway).
Paradox12
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Paradox12 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:35 pm

I don't think "welp I'm gonna go play ranked" is admission to leaving because I could easily be trying to say that I was gonna play ranked after the game is over.
"hope i dont dc" isn't admission either because saying you hope you don't disconnect isn't admitting to leaving lol.
Paradox12
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Paradox12 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:26 pm

Not my fault that the game stopped responding and then promptly kicked me from the game.

Honestly it's retarded enough that I've been losing elo because of this stupid abnormal disconnection thing that the devs seem to have no care to fix, but now I am getting banned for it like cmon guys :/
Paradox12
Transporter
Transporter

Postby TurdPile » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:20 am

Gamethrowing report looks 100% valid, especially given the history of the behavior on your account.

I've appealed the Leaving for the sole reason that you do not have a history, therefore giving you the benefit of the doubt this time. Don't make it a habit.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Appeals