Appealing: SirQuiet

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appealing: SirQuiet

Postby SirQuiet » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:06 pm

I don't know how long the suspension was 'cause like I found out Halo 3 came out on PC and I've been off the grid for a while.
Anyway, I was Mayor, and as per my shtick with that role, I take the town into the palm of my hand and pass down the RIGHTEOUS LAW, according to the Supreme God Emperor King's will. I.E., my will is the will of the People. Or else.
Sometimes that means random lynching. And this guy was being annoying in the chat with his fetishes and UwU's, so I put him down. As it happens, he was Arsonist, and I told the rest of the town, "KNEEL BEFORE ME!"
I died to like a werewolf the night after, and the arsonist I singlehandedly lynched told me he was going to get me banned and kept bragging about his status as a Juror. Said I killed him for being a furry (he had "the Furry" in his name), and that was harassment.
I didn't look up what a Juror was - I'm not interested - but if my suspicions are correct, that means he abused his power and I have been wrongfully banned.

I didn't target him. That was not harassment. He was just mad. I could swallow the suspension-shaped L last time 'cause Town of Salem isn't the place for politics (even though that suspension was 'cause I had the "wrong opinions"), but not this one.
An innocent man was banned from the greatest game ever made a few days ago. This must not go on. This injustice, must end!

Very sincerely, Estas Tonne, Former Supreme God Emperor King
SirQuiet
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Appealing: SirQuiet

Postby SirQuiet » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:03 pm

TrialBot hurry up, you're wasting my PRECIOUS time.
SirQuiet
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby TrialBot » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:05 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:32 pm

Well after reviewwing the report, I can tell you that you did in fact perform harassment, so the report is valid.
The status of a Juror means that a person is reviewing, that are not from games they participated in and help the staff with sorting out invalid reports. Reports that are deemed as valid by the community are staff reviewed and then judged specifically. The one you harassment could not abuse their power, so your suspicions were incorrect.

Also the person was blackmailed so they could not be "annoying in chat" and was Vampire instead of Arsonist. So you were wrong again.

Please keep in mind that only invalid reports may be appealed.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SirQuiet » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:03 pm

Nah, nah, you're believing in false prophets. Blackmailed people can't say "asdf." Or I don't think, unless that's like a hidden message you can type out while blackmailed.
Also I SEE. I was close, though. Vampires and arsonists are cousins to each other. They share many ancestors.
Don't look at the second report though, that one's not real. Also doesn't count, that's something else entirely. WHICH IS PRETTY SUS, considering it takes 2 reports for an actual report to be made.

I don't see it. Where I come from, "harassment" is like this steady stream of hatred and/or dislike, very clearly malicious in nature. I found him annoying Day 1 and before then, so I put him down first. If that's harassment... this playerbase would be a lot smaller than it already is. Or maybe you in particular are siding with him because of a shared interest we will not speak of here. Either way. You wrong, broseph.
SirQuiet
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Flavorable » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:36 pm

Just popping in here to say, in case Jerme missed it since he didn't say it:

You also used a slur for mexicans in said report, so regardless of the harassment, it's still guilty on hatespeech for that slur alone.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Jerme » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:10 pm

SirQuiet wrote:Nah, nah, you're believing in false prophets. Blackmailed people can't say "asdf." Or I don't think, unless that's like a hidden message you can type out while blackmailed.

Blackmailed people can say a lot, but their messages are replaced by "I am blackmailed" or are removed from the chat, but are still counting as sent messages for the generate report logs.
SirQuiet wrote:Also I SEE. I was close, though. Vampires and arsonists are cousins to each other. They share many ancestors.

Those are roles, they do not have any "ancestors", so not sure what you are trying to cover here.
SirQuiet wrote:Don't look at the second report though, that one's not real. Also doesn't count, that's something else entirely. WHICH IS PRETTY SUS, considering it takes 2 reports for an actual report to be made.

You harassed each of your jailees and went public about that, so its totally suspicious for you to get reported and suspended for that.
SirQuiet wrote:I don't see it. Where I come from, "harassment" is like this steady stream of hatred and/or dislike, very clearly malicious in nature. I found him annoying Day 1 and before then, so I put him down first. If that's harassment... this playerbase would be a lot smaller than it already is. Or maybe you in particular are siding with him because of a shared interest we will not speak of here. Either way. You wrong, broseph.

Killing people for being them is considered harassment, but you did more than just that, as well.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SirQuiet » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:21 pm

Flavorable wrote:You also used a slur for mexicans in said report

That's a funny one though, don't lie. Real inconspicuous, and it rolls easy on the tongue.

Jerme wrote:You harassed each of your jailees and went public about that, so its totally suspicious for you to get reported and suspended for that.

Nah I mean like that incident and this one are separate occasions. When I heard about the "2 reports" thing, I figured that meant two people had to report someone for the same incident, not the same flavor of SIN.

Jerme wrote:Killing people for being them is considered harassment, but you did more than just that, as well.

Nah man, nothing more than that. Also nah man, it's not harassment. Else, the entire community is scum. Including you, me, the devs, and everyone who hasn't even played the game. That might be a decent rule for Ranked, but Ranked is a place I have forsaken for that reason, and many others too but they don't apply here. I'm being targeted is all. Framed, ganged up on, abused, and suspended for reasons unconstitutional.
SirQuiet
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Flavorable » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:05 pm

SirQuiet wrote:
Flavorable wrote:You also used a slur for mexicans in said report

That's a funny one though, don't lie. Real inconspicuous, and it rolls easy on the tongue.

Yeah, no.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Appeals