ban appeal

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

ban appeal

Postby KimJeongNerd » Wed May 31, 2023 9:40 pm

Found out i was permanently banned a bit ago after hopping on the game for hate speech, looked at logs and it was for me copypasting a reply someone sent me on youtube. I can provide proof of me owning the youtube account that was being replied to in the chat logs, not sure how to do this as i dont normally get banned for chat stuff but ill provide the ONE message of three that i sent that game

"@enemy i hate lgbtq or wtv they called. See your a hypocrite because we are expressing our feelings but you want to suppress ours? I thou"

my youtube channel is @enemy, i can provide proof of this, i dont hate the lgbtq community or anything of that nature and i want to be able to play a game which i have always loved playing once again, if i did my report in an incorrect way please let me know
--
Redoing this appeal with correct formatting this time sorry... Please dont get mad for duplicate posting idk how this forum works sorry lol

I was banned a few months ago for hate speech and recently logged onto the game to find myself permanently banned for hate speech. Spend about a day trying to get my report information and I found it finally. Let me say first that I understand that this is immature, but I wasn't thinking from an outsider's perspective during the game. The reason for my ban was through copypasting a reply I received under a youtube comment section. This comment thread occurred under this homophobic youtube community post by braso {https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKqtdMbFeM8_Gr0o_DSakeA/community?lc=Ugw0bIVvgUxNkjjvqhd4AaABAg.9iHzdc1faEE9mSphhaPVPN&lb=Ugkxutc6co5upuHu-MWBJ0UNDvmXBjGHr1Qe} and someone replied to my comment by saying that they hated lgbt people blah blah blah. I thought this reply was really funny IN AN IRONIC WAY because of how dumb it sounded so I sent it to my friends on Discord and then hopped on Town of Salem to play some games, and sent it there too. Let me make clear I DO NOT HATE GAY PEOPLE!! :D. I can prove ownership of the channel the person was replying to if need be, whatever you may need. I understand that my actions were immature but i swear on my life that i dont hate the lgbt community, i did not mean to cause any harm, I accept any punishments sent to me but I would request you reconsider lowering my suspension from a permanent ban (this is my first or second ban and i really dont do things like previous bans anymore) as I would like not only to continue playing ToS1, but also would not like to stay banned when I buy ToS2 once it releases out of early access. If you think a permanent ban is really warranted then please let me know if the ban will carry over to ToS2 as I love this game and would really like to keep playing it. Thank you and sorry for the long paragraph lol
Last edited by Jerme on Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged both appeal threads.
KimJeongNerd

Re: ban appeal

Postby Jerme » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:20 am

Greetings,

please note that the comment you pasted in the chat is considered hatespeech, regardless where it was from and in which context its used.
You are able to play ToS2 regardless if your account standing of ToS1, as the accounts to not transfer over (and thus grant a fresh start with a clean slate).
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TrialBot » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:20 am

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby KimJeongNerd » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:46 am

i feel like permanently banning me for my first offense that was clearly a mistake is pretty harsh but if you think its needed for me then so be it. didnt mean to make anyone mad and understand it was inappropriate, but can i at least be allowed to play the game again lol?
KimJeongNerd

Postby Jerme » Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:53 am

Each of the two listed reports symbolize an punished issued to your account, thus is this your 2nd offense.
That aside does the given statement belong to offenses that could warrant a permant ban regardless of previous offenses, I apologize.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby KimJeongNerd » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:39 pm

I understand how being openly homophobic or racist warrants a permanent ban, i completely agree. What i do not agree with is a permanent ban for one gamethrowing offense from over 3 years ago, and a mistake that i made rather recently, i was not homophobic in my game, if i was i would understand the ban, i simply made a contextual error in a message i pasted which did not intend to harm anyone with. the purpose of a ban system is to ban people who intend to cause harm in games, i do not intend to ever repeat anything like this, and i never have as shown by my bans. please have an ounce of sympathy thanks bro!!!!
KimJeongNerd

Postby Jerme » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:07 am

The gamethrowing report was a previous suspension in the past. The Bot lists simply all reports with a guilty verdict for a full reference. The one on top of the list is usually the report that caused the given punishment.
I'll check back if we are willing to turn the current punishment to a suspension, but I cannot guarantee everything.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby KimJeongNerd » Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:57 am

thank you
KimJeongNerd

Postby Flavorable » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:51 am

Moderator Message: Your appeal has been denied. Your reports are valid and valid suspensions or bans cannot be appealed.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Appeals