Appealing: Essigautomat

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appealing: Essigautomat

Postby Essigautomat » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:28 am

Hello!
This post is seperated into two topics, because I was reported for two things.

"If you know your report is valid, please don't post an appeal. If you truly think it's unfair, however, you're welcome to post an appeal."
I am writing this, because I think that my perma ban is truly unfair, but on the other side that a suspension would be justified.

First part: Inappropiate IGN
In the game I was reported for, there was a group which called them selves "kill Ni ggers", "hate Ngrs", etc pp. and I was so annoyed by it, that I called myself "Love Ni ggers". In hindsite this was really stupid and I deserve a supsension for it.
The first thing I wrote D1 was that I love everyone no matter what gender, race, or ethics. I wrote "I love people of all colors", which may not be clear enough. I wanted to seperate myself from the other racist group.

Second part: Hate Speech
I also got reported for Hate-Speech, and I really don't know why! As I stated above I was weathering against them and not with them. On one occasion I wrote "I hope you die racist scum", which out of context might sound morbid, but i meant INGAME of course. Also as a german I feel obligated to weather against racism!

I played around a hundred games, having one bad shouldn't directly result in a perma ban. If you think my IGN was enough to justify my perma ban then let it be. However I can't personally tolerate to be banned for Hate-Speech!
Yourth faithfully,
Essigautomat
Essigautomat

Re: Appealing: Essigautomat

Postby Jerme » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:57 am

Greetings,

please note that you may only appeal reports with a guilty verdict that you define as invalid. Only the Inappropriate IGN report is marked as guilty.
Using a racial slur as your name, regardless of context, is not allowed, especially when said slur would be blocked in a corretly typed form. This would warrant a permant ban right away, I apologize.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TrialBot » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:00 am

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Essigautomat » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:58 am

Jerme wrote:Greetings,

please note that you may only appeal reports with a guilty verdict that you define as invalid. Only the Inappropriate IGN report is marked as guilty.
Using a racial slur as your name, regardless of context, is not allowed, especially when said slur would be blocked in a corretly typed form. This would warrant a permant ban right away, I apologize.

My IGN was an oxymoron, being banned for loving people feels very ironic and banning people regardless of context for one game of hundrets is bad practice. As I stated above I think I deserve punishment for it, but a permaban is overkill.
In this case I won't take your apology, because I paid for the game on steam and can't even refund it and now I don't have access anymore. This honestly makes me question if you ban people just to rip them off, so they rebuy the game.
Sincerely
Essigautomat
Essigautomat

Postby Jerme » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:31 am

The game has a certain set of rules, one would be to not evade the hardfilter to use the blacklisted words.
That aside: Your accusation is false. We ban people for breaking the game's rules, not for the reason you claim it would be. Its similar to other games, they can ban you for breaking the rules as well, regardless of how much you have paid for it.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Flavorable » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:26 pm

Moderator Message: Your appeal has been denied. Your reports are valid and valid suspensions or bans cannot be appealed.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Appeals