Appealing : maxmcdohl

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appealing : maxmcdohl

Postby maxmcdohl » Tue May 10, 2022 11:22 am

Good evening,
long time player, over 1250 hours with a single account, never got a suspension.
My username is most of the time random name (Giles Corey, Thomas Danforth etc)...or something simple like Mr W, Red, Black...

Today i got banned (so permanently???!!!) for inappropriate in game name.

I really ask BMG to review the case, there must be a mistake.

EDIT: I read the log.
In the room for picking a name i chosen "Marmuuuu" to make a joke making think players the INFAMOUS troll was in game. Before game start i changed the name to "Mr. W"

So i confirm this ban is to unfair.
Since ToS is one of my favorite time sink game i hope this unfair ban will soon be removed.

Bye and tnx
Last edited by maxmcdohl on Tue May 10, 2022 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
maxmcdohl

Re: Appealing : maxmcdohl

Postby TrialBot » Tue May 10, 2022 11:25 am

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Wed May 18, 2022 2:17 pm

Greetings,

please note that claiming to be a troublesome player (Marmu) can result in being given the same punishment as if you are that person.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby maxmcdohl » Wed May 18, 2022 3:26 pm

Jerme wrote:Greetings,

please note that claiming to be a troublesome player (Marmu) can result in being given the same punishment as if you are that person.

Thanks for the answer, but if u look closely to my report i only claimed it into name choosing lobby and changed it before game start.

If u can't do anything about it i will feel sad but will accept it and i will simply not play ToS anymore even if it was one of my favorite game.

Thanks again in advance.

Bye
maxmcdohl

Postby Jerme » Sun May 22, 2022 5:48 am

The name itself suffices for that, it also is enough to be chosen in the name-picking phase. We did have banned already accounts that chose an offensive name in the picking phase and later changed it to something tame.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Flavorable » Sun May 29, 2022 10:16 am

Moderator Message: Your appeal has been denied. Your reports are valid and valid suspensions or bans cannot be appealed.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Appeals