Appealing: BigDaddyBigMac1

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appealing: BigDaddyBigMac1

Postby BigDaddyBigMac1 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:05 pm

It says banned for cheating however, I never cheated. I play with my friend in a party (which is obviously allowed) and NEVER know his role or name until after I die as a jester, survivor or something along those lines. If this is the game I think it is, (the only one someone accused me of cheating) I didn't cheat, I don't share info with my friend, alive or dead if its valuable information that he wouldn't know unless I gave it. I see tons of youtubers tell their friend in a party that they died and still talk to them about the game and who is claiming what, who is suspicious and whatnot. I merely just suggested to kill a guy just because. I didn't even know his role when I was alive.
Last edited by BigDaddyBigMac1 on Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
BigDaddyBigMac1
Jester
Jester

Re: Appealing: BigDaddyBigMac1

Postby TrialBot » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:10 pm

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby BigDaddyBigMac1 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:32 pm

Yep! Definitely not cheating if you read the February 2019 Update: P2P Rule guide when clicking on the report, cheating is sharing game information outside of the game. I did not share any information, and using discord is allowed. Simply telling my friend to kill someone when I'm a dead pirate isn't sharing information, when I didn't know his role or name when I was alive. I was a dead pirate. We never share our roles after death if we have a team we can win with or we have information.
BigDaddyBigMac1
Jester
Jester

Postby BigDaddyBigMac1 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:52 pm

Might as well report every town of Salem YouTuber then. They always share their role once the other dies. "Saying I'm guiltying" to your discord friend would also be considered cheating.. yet somehow these YouTubers do it constantly, or they talk about themselves as it they're suspicious. Such as when Pipetron was talking to his friend about how his claims were bad OUTSIDE of game to get hung as jester.
BigDaddyBigMac1
Jester
Jester

Postby BigDaddyBigMac1 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:08 pm

And that's not what the rules of cheating says. I didn't use or share information on a medium outside of the game to cheat. I was a dead pirate. He didn't share his role until after I died and lost. Again, tons of YouTubers do this. If it was against the rules, it should be clear. I don't cheat. We play all the time and never help each other win. I've even mistakenly hung him while we were both town. He claimed medium once while I was a dead medium and I seanced mayor to inform him that he's lying (not knowing that it's him until after he got hung). I do my best to play fair and find it unfortunate that simply knowing a role while being a dead neutral is cheating. The vigilante openly claimed, so it wasn't shared information that only I would know.

I understand that it would be different if I was a dead medium and I knew he was town, then I could seance and give him information unfairly. But a dead pirate? Should have a different rule set much like how a survivor picking sides isn't gamethrowing.
BigDaddyBigMac1
Jester
Jester

Postby BigDaddyBigMac1 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:30 am

https://www.blankmediagames.com/rules/

Under the cheating section it states cheating is gaining an unfair advantage over other players outside of normal gameplay.

Being a dead pirate who lost the game asking his friend to kill someone isn't gaining an advantage.. I didn't know his role until after death. I feel like I didn't gain an advantage to the game. Otherwise playing with friends tread in a thin line. Simply saying "I'm voting this guilty" would be cheating because usually players don't know what you're voting. Causing.. an advantage.
BigDaddyBigMac1
Jester
Jester

Postby BigDaddyBigMac1 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:57 am

Well, I just never considered it an advantage if I'm a dead neutral who lost the game already. There's nothing to gain from knowing his role game wise. An advantage in knowledge sure, but did it affect the game? I'd say no..

Like I said, I've watched tons of YouTubers play town of Salem and I'd argue that sharing information at night is an advantage for them. They tend to share info such as who claimed what and who is most suspicious outside of the limited timed day chat. That's an advantage gained through an outside medium.

I just think there's always an unfair advantage when in a party. Such as knowing how your friend usually acts when they're evil (like when chilled chaos played with friends) he knew they're typically silent when evil and technically gained an unfair advantage in knowledge.
BigDaddyBigMac1
Jester
Jester

Postby Flavorable » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:28 am

Sharing info from the game outside of the game is considered cheating. Plain and simple.

I don't quite see what YouTubers have to do with your appeal. If people break the rules, report them, YouTuber or not. This is your appeal, not a "compare myself or my actions to other people"-chat.

It's written black and white in the rules. Report is valid and valid reports are not eligible for appeal.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby BigDaddyBigMac1 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:18 pm

Some rules are just not crystal clear. The point of bringing up YouTubers is because it's to show your rules aren't so black and white as you say.

They're vague in alot of aspects, but it's fine. I now know that being a dead neutral pirate who lost the game can still cheat because I had unfair knowledge of a role that doesn't change anything in-game for other players.

Good to know that you told me just report the YouTubers myself when hundreds of thousands of other of your players consider not cheating, but YOU do. Black and white though apparently.

I'll look into collecting proof of game breaking rules and pming you moderators to assist in your helpful fight against horrible players.

Tata!
BigDaddyBigMac1
Jester
Jester

Postby BigDaddyBigMac1 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:32 pm

One other thing, I wonder if your black and white rules of gamethrowing means that a jester not getting the win intentionally is gamethrowing since it clearly states in black and white, mind you, since you can gamethrow, "even by yourself". Or a survivor who claims mafioso so that he can cause chaos to have fun, directly causing him to lose and help Mafia win. Crystal clear. He's clearly gamethrowing by himself cuz he's "not trying to win at the current state of the game".

But I'm glad I'm freely able to randomly shoot as vigilante with no repercussions. I wouldn't want to be like those horrible players who didn't intentionally try to win as survivor or jester.

If it is gamethrowing then yikes. I'm REALLY glad you're keeping everyone safe from these horrific players. If not, then thanks for informing me! Really! I really do appreciate it!

(Side note-- I did NOT do any of these scenerios, it's merely an example on your plain and simple, black and white, crystal clear rules.)
BigDaddyBigMac1
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:11 am

Greetings,

when you do not even try to achieve your goal as Jester, then you are of course gamethrowing. but that doesn't mean you have gamethrown in every game that are lost as Jester.
Survivors, that are not bothering to survive and are wanting to get killed, are also possibly gamethrowing. Again losing as Survivor does not mean you have gamethrown.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby BigDaddyBigMac1 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:10 am

So a vigilante randomly shooting is fine but being a survivor making the town confused thinking he's evil is wrong. I gotcha. I'm glad we could determine your rules. They're very helpful in keeping the community in line.
BigDaddyBigMac1
Jester
Jester

Return to Appeals