Appealing: wtc7200

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appealing: wtc7200

Postby wtc7200 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:23 pm

Was banned for harassment for "doxxing" a player. What I really said was "the throwers ip is 192.168.0.1"

Now, pretty much everyone in dead chat took it as the joke it was intended to be, since clearly I provided a local ip address which is the same for every router and therefore, this was not doxxing.

However, I was banned anyway, even though i did not dox this player. In fact, the only reason I even made this joke was because this rude player was targeting me trying to get me hung as jailor from day 1 because he didn't like me from previous games played together, so its not like I randomly selected him to make this joke on either.
wtc7200
Jester
Jester

Re: Appealing: wtc7200

Postby TrialBot » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:25 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:43 am

Greetings,

please note that we did take your doxxing claim seriously and thus acted upon that.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby wtc7200 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:37 pm

But why take it seriously when it was so clearly a joke? The guy I directed this at responded with "LMAO" so its not like he thought it wasn't a joke and felt threatened.
--
Also maybe someone can look at getting the "spamming" report appealed as well, since posting a will multiple times as vet bait when town is talking over you is NOT spamming.
Last edited by Jerme on Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged double post, please use the edit button if you'd like to add something.
wtc7200
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:56 pm

The spamming report is valid because you listed your fake invest will multiple times, each tiem with a different line in between to not get caught by the spam filter, at least this is how it looks like to me.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby wtc7200 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:38 pm

Jerme wrote:The spamming report is valid because you listed your fake invest will multiple times, each tiem with a different line in between to not get caught by the spam filter, at least this is how it looks like to me.

Spamming filter never kicked in because I never changed the will, only used the paste will to chat button. Also if posting a will multiple time is "spam" that would mean every single sheriff I've ever seen catch a mafia is spamming, because will sometimes needs to be posted multiple times for town to listen. In short, no I did not avoid the spam filter.

Jerme wrote:Greetings,

please note that we did take your doxxing claim seriously and thus acted upon that.

I am EXTREMELY confident that you guys didn't take the doxxing claim seriously, because I am quite positive that doxxing is grounds for a permaban, there is no way that if someone posts another player's real IP that they get to keep playing this game after a week.

November 5th edit:

Yeah I'm sorry but could another moderator take a look at this because I feel I wasn't taken seriously by the first one.
wtc7200
Jester
Jester

Postby wtc7200 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:34 pm

Look I'm sorry but I don't think that I was ever given a clear answer to my appeal. When I posted more of an explaination of what happened I never got a response. I never doxxed anyone so I don't think the report is valid.
wtc7200
Jester
Jester

Postby Flavorable » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:47 pm

Even claiming to dox or to have doxxed someone is reason enough for a guilty verdict, that's a non-negotiable thing. Whether or not you actually did is a moot point.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby wtc7200 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:20 pm

But I didn't dox him. It didn't even look like I had.
wtc7200
Jester
Jester

Postby TurdPile » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:23 am

From a knowledge standpoint, we know that 192.xxx is a local IP. However, not everyone has the technological knowledge to know the difference, therefore it is upheld as if it's anyone's IP. Just don't do it. Report is valid. Appeal denied.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Appeals