There are worse things that are "acceptable"

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

There are worse things that are "acceptable"

Postby Colorbolt » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:36 pm

I just don't see how not saying anything at all on stand is okay, or that literally not making an effort to do anything as jailor AKA the most major town role in the game is okay, but when someone does some harmless trolling (not throwing), it's suddenly not acceptable. Yes, I did claim jester. I don't see why that's not okay when I literally told the truth to the jailor both times in jail, and I was planning to do so any time town decides to place me on trial (which didn't happen which just shows that there's nothing wrong with that). All the while, I was trying to push the suspicious people like the framer on day 2. And btw im just assuming that claiming jester is what got me suspended because thats the closest thing to "gamethrowing" that i could find in the report. If thats the case, thats literally nothing. I was trying to win until the very end when I tried to get jester to haunt the witch to make them lose. Theres no disadvantage in claiming jester as long as its not when youre getting voted or you are in jail. Either way, if you are about to get killed, just tell the town/the jailor the truth and in the end, it's still up to them if they want to believe your claim. At least what I did is better than the kind of people who stay silent on stand and just let themselves get lynched. Why not punish those people?

TL;DR- The only thing I did in my game was HARMLESS trolling (nothing that could make town lose). I can always prove myself to the town and jailor as lookout if I claim my role and post my will so that means that nothing I did puts me in danger of getting killed by town or hurting town. Checking the report closely shows that even despite my trolling, I was actually helping town out by pushing evils.
Last edited by Colorbolt on Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colorbolt
Jester
Jester

Re: There are worse things that are "acceptable"

Postby TrialBot » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:40 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:39 pm

Greetings,

just keep in mind that this is your appeal and not a report someone else, or chat with forum staff about random things-thread. You were suspended for your general behaviour/trolling, claiming Jester, deterrign the town and Jailor.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Colorbolt » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:29 pm

Jerme wrote:Greetings,

just keep in mind that this is your appeal and not a report someone else, or chat with forum staff about random things-thread. You were suspended for your general behaviour/trolling, claiming Jester, deterrign the town and Jailor.

1) I brought up the "random things" because there are way worse things that someone can do that the rules explicitly state are allowed, yet what I did could hardly be considered gamethrowing, and it is also not a specific case of gamethrowing listed under the rules, so I believe my case should be innocent too.

2) I'm not too sure what you mean by "general behavior/trolling" or "deterring the town and jailor". The only "trolling" I did during the game was claiming jester, and I consider that harmless trolling. As long as I claim my real role in jail (which I did), there's no reason why claiming jester should ultimately hurt my own chances of winning. If town/jailor wants me dead, they would do it regardless of whether or not I claimed jester for a while. I can only post my role and will and let the town decide whether or not to believe me. I did just that and lived until the end.
Colorbolt
Jester
Jester

Return to Appeals