Appealing: Connor038

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appealing: Connor038

Postby Connor038 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:53 am

So today I found out I was banned for leaving. What happened was an exe game went on and I got enraged at discovering the exe had me as the targets and so I left to make it so they couldn’t win. This was an incredibly poor decision as in blind rage I cost them the win and this was a very low sportsmanship move. I fully accept the fact that this ban was justified and that I totally deserve it. What I am asking for is a second chance. I apologize to those involved with the game and I also apologize to BMG for not following the rules. If I am unbanned, I will follow the rules closely to ensure that a scenario like this does not happen again. I will not leave games in the future or gamethrow or spam in the chat. Once again I apologize to the exe with whom I needlessly cost them the game. I also apologize to the Town of Salem community aswell. I am truly sorry and I fully accept the consequences of my actions.
--
Today I was banned for leaving while alive. What happened was there were the mafia and the exe and me alive and I was the executioners target. I got so furious after proving myself to be innocent many times and still not getting this executioner lynched that when I knew they were going to lynch me I left the game so the exe could not win.

This was incredibly immature of me to do this. I needlessly cost the exe his win. This was a very low sportmanship move, and I apologize to those involved with the scenario. This was blatant disregard of the rules and I fully admit that this ban was justified.

I am hoping to be unbanned, and if this does happen I will make sure to follow the rules without any insubordination. I understand now that leaving like that and spamming chat and gamethrowing are not allowed and I will not do them in the future. I fully understand and respect BMGs potential decision to not unban me. I apologize one again for disregarding the rules, and I will follow them if I am unbanned.

I am asking for a chance at redemption and forgiveness. I understand my actions have consequences and I will accept them.

Thanks.

-Connor038.
Last edited by Jerme on Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged both appealthreads.
Connor038
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Appealing: Connor038

Postby Jerme » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:42 pm

Greetings,

please keep in mind that only invalid, non archived reports may be appealed. If all are valid, then I am afraid that there is nothing we could do for you there.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TrialBot » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:45 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Connor038 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:23 pm

So I cannot appeal a ban if it is valid? I thought it was a case by case thing in which depending on the circumstances and your behavior you could get unbanned? Just a little confused sorry.
Connor038
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:45 pm

It had been in the past, but the guidelines changed to only remove invalid punishments some time after the p2p-change.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Connor038 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:34 pm

Well I do think the ban for Hate Speech is somewhat unfair, as the person with who I was arguing with was the one who took it to the level he did. I was merely defending myself and using what he said to me against him.
Connor038
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:06 pm

Do you think telling someone to commit suicide in real life is something you should be allowed?
I don't think that this should be case in any way.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Connor038 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:48 am

Yeah I do see your point on that and I kinda agree with it. One thing I am concerned about is the fact that my family also plays Town of Salem (specifically my father and my girlfriend) so considering that I am IP banned what were to happen if they were to login using the same IP?
Connor038
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Flavorable » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:47 am

You're not IP-banned. It's solely your account that is banned.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Connor038 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:56 pm

Oh I thought you got IP banned if you were regular banned. Anyways that’s all thanks for your time guys have a good day.
Connor038
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Appeals