Is it reportable

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Is it reportable

Postby Andrija04 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:52 pm

Is leaving reportable if the host started an all any game with 7 players because in most cases when this happens some people leave?
Andrija04
Medium
Medium

Re: Is it reportable

Postby James2 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:21 pm

Yes
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Flavorable » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:03 am

Leaving prematurely is -always- reportable, no matter which game mode or how many players in a game.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SpellChecker » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:02 am

Unless they had absolutely no chance at winning, then no, it wouldn't be considered reportable. Leaving when you have no chance at winning is fine.

Leaving the game prematurely though, would be reportable.

SpellChecker
Vampire
Vampire

Postby GuardianOverkill » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:15 am

This seems like a really petty reason to report someone.
Bangladesh and Japan established formal diplomatic relations on February 10, 1972.
"He is scaring me again, with his gruff voice and farmer hands."
White Canary wrote:"Put on your Sunday best because we are going to church!"

Kid Flash wrote:"Get your hands off that hard body."
GuardianOverkill
Civilian
Civilian

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:19 pm

GuardianOverkill wrote:This seems like a really petty reason to report someone.

But neither the less a valid reason.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GuardianOverkill » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:56 pm

Eh. Really only if they have a history of it. Which another player couldnt possibly know.
Bangladesh and Japan established formal diplomatic relations on February 10, 1972.

GuardianOverkill
Civilian
Civilian

Postby ZzFifthElementzZ » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:52 pm

A judge, moderator or admin ... I would like your reply on this. (I didn't know where to place this comment, and a new forum seemed unnecessary)

Q: Simply, why was this deemed innocent?
https://imgur.com/a/CDXsPf1
Spoiler:

FM Record
ZzFifthElementzZ
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Jerme » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:54 pm

ZzFifthElementzZ wrote:A judge, moderator or admin ... I would like your reply on this. (I didn't know where to place this comment, and a new forum seemed unnecessary)

Because this report was never brought to us: The majority of the jurors voted innocent on it.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Flavorable » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:12 am

ZzFifthElementzZ wrote:A judge, moderator or admin ... I would like your reply on this. (I didn't know where to place this comment, and a new forum seemed unnecessary)

As an FYI:
To get a quick answer about questions like these, join the ToS Trial Discord: https://discord.gg/2P6Wreb

There's generally always someone there to answer Trial related questions.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby abizoey » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:58 am

Whoever just changed that report to guilty might want to change it back - jurors were right to vote innocent. That’s a player’s ign.
abizoey
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Flavorable » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:01 pm

abizoey wrote:Whoever just changed that report to guilty might want to change it back - jurors were right to vote innocent. That’s a player’s ign.

Nice catch.

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ZzFifthElementzZ » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:50 pm

Ah yes. I see it now, thanks for that all!
Spoiler:

FM Record
ZzFifthElementzZ
Doctor
Doctor

Postby GuardianOverkill » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:19 pm

KatiyaKramer wrote:The only way to help keep track of a history of leaving a live game is to report them for it.

So then how do we make sure the right people are having the reports voted innocent? Those reports also stay on the person's record. Sounds like a serious flaw to me.

GuardianOverkill
Civilian
Civilian

Postby GuardianOverkill » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:41 pm

KatiyaKramer wrote:The way the Trial System deals with leaving reports is as follows:
All jurors are told to guilty any leaving report where the player actually left. Judges handle leaving reports from there on out. It takes 5 guilty leaving reports I believe within a 6 months period (because most reports expire after 6 months) for one to actually be suspending for leaving, because it is known and accepted that people will either glitch out of games, lose internet connections or just have to leave when they otherwise wouldn't. You will never get suspended for leaving 1 game without any history. However if you are frequently leaving games in a 6 month period, say someone hates being mafia and they immediately quit out, that will be caught and you will be suspended for it.

The current system does have it's flaws. 6 months is a long time to have leaving reports piling on your account, especially when Flash can be rather buggy a times or freeze up. But the developers have a better leaving system planned for the future. But the Devs are completely focused on the Unity port right now.

I also want to note that people very rarely get suspended for leaving in the first place. I hardly ever see appeals coming through with leaving reports listed.

This is the beginning of the inefficiency of this system.

GuardianOverkill
Civilian
Civilian

Postby RetralMega » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:33 pm

GuardianOverkill wrote:
KatiyaKramer wrote:The way the Trial System deals with leaving reports is as follows:
All jurors are told to guilty any leaving report where the player actually left. Judges handle leaving reports from there on out. It takes 5 guilty leaving reports I believe within a 6 months period (because most reports expire after 6 months) for one to actually be suspending for leaving, because it is known and accepted that people will either glitch out of games, lose internet connections or just have to leave when they otherwise wouldn't. You will never get suspended for leaving 1 game without any history. However if you are frequently leaving games in a 6 month period, say someone hates being mafia and they immediately quit out, that will be caught and you will be suspended for it.

The current system does have it's flaws. 6 months is a long time to have leaving reports piling on your account, especially when Flash can be rather buggy a times or freeze up. But the developers have a better leaving system planned for the future. But the Devs are completely focused on the Unity port right now.

I also want to note that people very rarely get suspended for leaving in the first place. I hardly ever see appeals coming through with leaving reports listed.

This is the beginning of the inefficiency of this system.

The real inefficiency is that jurors and Judges mark reports as Innocent despite being told it's a Guilty because they have to ruin the game for at least 42 people rather than the first 14. You have to continuously break the same rule to be punished for it and I've seen players with over 12 reports and something gets marked Innocent because it's only the second time the user mentioned fucking kids.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby Jerme » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:18 pm

I feel the question as been answered and is now getting used to derail the thread.
@Retral: If you have a better idea for how to handle the leaving/afk reports, PM me with your idea.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Ask Questions