Would this be considered "impersonating a BMG employee"?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Would this be considered "impersonating a BMG employee"?

Postby amagnificentvoid » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:57 pm

In a game with a mafia member who gamethrew, as BG. We all reported of course and killed them, obviously. But they said "I am the son of one of the BMG employees so I get unlimited accounts" or something along those lines.

Is this true and he is, or was lying AND gamethrowing? Would this also count as impersonating a BMG employee, or something along those lines? [I know he wasn't impersonating one of you guys, but someone related to one of you.]

Picture of him saying this:
Spoiler: Image
amagnificentvoid
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: Would this be considered "impersonating a BMG employee"?

Postby Myersvandalay » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:27 pm

I'd say claiming to be a child of a BMG employee isn't quite impersonating a BMG employee, but it's clear there was something else that came up to bring that subject up, and if he was reported for that then it should accomplish the same. Admitted though if it isn't ranked, everyone gets unlimited accounts, and only ranked has a 50 game mountain to climb to make starting back up actually inconvenient.

At least from what I understand the spirit of the rule for impersonating an employee, is if you are claiming to have authority of the game that you don't. IE implying you can ban someone if they don't do what you say or whatever, this person was using it to say he can't be banned, which really the priority should be to report him for whatever he was trying to discourage you from reporting him about.
Myersvandalay
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby amagnificentvoid » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:30 pm

Myersvandalay wrote:
amagnificentvoid wrote:In a game with a mafia member who gamethrew, as BG. We all reported of course and killed them, obviously. But they said "I am the son of one of the BMG employees so I get unlimited accounts" or something along those lines.

Is this true and he is, or was lying AND gamethrowing? Would this also count as impersonating a BMG employee, or something along those lines? [I know he wasn't impersonating one of you guys, but someone related to one of you.]

I'd say claiming to be a child of a BMG employee isn't quite impersonating a BMG employee, but it's clear there was something else that came up to bring that subject up, and if he was reported for that then it should accomplish the same. Admitted though if it isn't ranked, everyone gets unlimited accounts, and only ranked has a 50 game mountain to climb to make starting back up actually inconvenient.

This was in ranked practice, and he said this because we said we'd report him and that hopefully he'd be banned. He said that because he was a child of a BMG employee [which I doubt, but who knows] that it didn't matter if he got banned because he could just make a new one/not get banned.
amagnificentvoid
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Myersvandalay » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:51 pm

amagnificentvoid wrote:
Myersvandalay wrote:
amagnificentvoid wrote:In a game with a mafia member who gamethrew, as BG. We all reported of course and killed them, obviously. But they said "I am the son of one of the BMG employees so I get unlimited accounts" or something along those lines.

This was in ranked practice, and he said this because we said we'd report him and that hopefully he'd be banned. He said that because he was a child of a BMG employee [which I doubt, but who knows] that it didn't matter if he got banned because he could just make a new one/not get banned.

yup, but the point is, it doesn't sound like he claimed any authority, and anyone can just make a new account if they are banned, which kind of sucks, but it is probably better than innocents getting banned for happening to be on the same IP address of someone who had broken the rules. Hence, you should absolutely have reported him for whatever he did, though no matter what he isn't exactly wrong that he can make a new account and start another ranked practice game in 10 minutes. Once you get to ranked, you don't have to deal with those sorts of people nearly as often, as the hours it takes to play 50 games, makes it inconvenient for most troll type players.
Myersvandalay
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby RetralMega » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:00 pm

Nope. 'Uncle Naru' is proof enough. I think it's still in hid signature too.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:01 am

Uncle Naru is just a nickname I came up with. Doesn't mean I'm at all affiliated with Blake or Josh.

Blake and Josh neither one has a child, so obviously they would be lying. I do believe we punish for this, even though they aren't impersonating the staff member themselves, they're claiming to be part of the family. We do love to ban people who say they won't get banned though, so we'll keep an eye out on this user. ;)
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby amagnificentvoid » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:47 am

Naru2008 wrote:Uncle Naru is just a nickname I came up with. Doesn't mean I'm at all affiliated with Blake or Josh.

Blake and Josh neither one has a child, so obviously they would be lying. I do believe we punish for this, even though they aren't impersonating the staff member themselves, they're claiming to be part of the family. We do love to ban people who say they won't get banned though, so we'll keep an eye out on this user. ;)

I figured about that, honestly. I remember reading something that made it seem unlikely that any of you would have kids, but wasn't certain. And yeah I found that amusing to watch them say that, because I know the 'don't get banned' thing isn't true. :lol:
amagnificentvoid
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Waffleme3 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:02 am

Naru I do remember someone was banned for being the cousin of the devs. but like as it has been stated yes it is.
Thanks hurricat
Rest in peace Coolway and Birdy <3
Waffleme3
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby CAPTAINPHASMA123 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:50 am

This would be considered as impersonating a BMG staff. It is because you are using that advantage even if it is not real.
╰( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚ pew pew

FM Record 3-2-0
Spoiler: 10B (SP) - Win (Citizen)
CFM17 - Loss (Higuain)
10C (MC) - Loss (Tracker)
NFM23 - Win (Transporter)
SFM19 - Win (Rich Demon)

Check out my Avvelenatore role here!
Spoiler: Image
CAPTAINPHASMA123
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:18 pm

Waffleme3 wrote:Naru I do remember someone was banned for being the cousin of the devs. but like as it has been stated yes it is.

They were banned for saying reports wouldn't do anything, not really because of impersonating their cousin. ^^
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Waffleme3 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:49 pm

Naru2008 wrote:
Waffleme3 wrote:Naru I do remember someone was banned for being the cousin of the devs. but like as it has been stated yes it is.

They were banned for saying reports wouldn't do anything, not really because of impersonating their cousin. ^^

Oh looks like I was wrong
Thanks hurricat
Rest in peace Coolway and Birdy <3
Waffleme3
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Return to Ask Questions