What is the trial system

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

What is the trial system

Postby James2 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:06 pm

What is the trial system?
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Re: What is the trial system

Postby carolyndxo » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:46 pm

Do you mean Private Test Realm?
carolyndxo
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby James2 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:06 pm

carolyndxo wrote:Do you mean Private Test Realm?

I mean the subject of the "Trial System Bug Reports" forum.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Arckas » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:12 pm

Its a system for the testing of the trial system, which is meant to help the developers by sifting through reports and voting on wether or not someone is innocent or guilty. Currently its in Beta, but it works well enough to be ready soon.
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Ansem555 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:49 pm

Arckas wrote:Its a system for the testing of the trial system, which is meant to help the developers by sifting through reports and voting on wether or not someone is innocent or guilty. Currently its in Beta, but it works well enough to be ready soon.

So it won't be some ancient Salem legend anymore?

I'm kidding, please don't hurt me.

I don't make any of my own sigs. Bravo to the artists.
Blue text means I'm being sarcastic.
Ansem555
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:58 am

Ansem555 wrote:
Arckas wrote:Its a system for the testing of the trial system, which is meant to help the developers by sifting through reports and voting on wether or not someone is innocent or guilty. Currently its in Beta, but it works well enough to be ready soon.

Hasn't been a legend, for a while. I was the only staff member (aside from Admins) aware of it's existence and helped test it. The others are just now getting involved, haha. :lol:
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ansem555 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:47 am

Naru2008 wrote:
Ansem555 wrote:

Hasn't been a legend, for a while. I was the only staff member (aside from Admins) aware of it's existence and helped test it. The others are just now getting involved, haha. :lol:

I know you guys have been testing it and such, I just like to playfully jab since we've been waiting is all. I've been eager to return to Salem, the Trial System will make me an active player again.

I don't make any of my own sigs. Bravo to the artists.
Blue text means I'm being sarcastic.
Ansem555
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Mroz4k » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:16 am

To add on more info on the topic:

Its a system where certain trusted users here from Forums will be given a chance to judge the reports and help make this job easier for Moderators and Developers.

This is (roughly) how Devs wanted it to work:
A trusted Forumer is appointed a Trial judge.
Someone reports someone else in a game. Trial judge looks at the report, goes through the evidence in a chat log, etc... and makes a decision, guilty or not. If not guilty, the report is discarded. If he votes guilty, the same report progressed up a bit higher. Then, a Moderator (GMods here from Forums) or a Developer (or Admin, CM, basically anyone from the actual Staff) looks at the report again. Reviews the evidence once more, and again, choose guilty or not. If not, the report is discarded, if guilty, he sets up the punishment for the person, etc.

Basically its a system to allow community take part in handling of reports by taking in the huge amount of Player reports and letting through only the few ones that are actually against rules, making it easier for Staff to handle the reports.
Away in the real world most of the time, but I return from time to time, at my own whim.

FM history:
Spoiler: NFM4 - Lookout - W
NFM7 - Consort - L (so close tho)
FM8D - Cit+ to Sheriff - W
FM9C - Cit - L (epicly failed)
CFM hydra 2 - Medium with Varanus - W
SFM17 - Caporegime - W
FM9D - Serial Killer - W (epicly :D)
SFM14 - Bodyguard-ish role - modkilled, caused MyLo FTW - W?
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby murat1996 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:55 am

Mroz4k wrote:To add on more info on the topic:

Its a system where certain trusted users here from Forums will be given a chance to judge the reports and help make this job easier for Moderators and Developers.

Someone reports someone else in a game. Trial judge looks at the report, goes through the evidence in a chat log, etc... and makes a decision, guilty or not. If not guilty, the report is discarded. If he votes guilty, the same report progressed up a bit higher. Then, a Moderator (GMods here from Forums) or a Developer (or Admin, CM, basically anyone from the actual Staff) looks at the report again. Reviews the evidence once more, and again, choose guilty or not. If not, the report is discarded, if guilty, he sets up the punishment for the person, etc.

Basically its a system to allow community take part in handling of reports by taking in the huge amount of Player reports and letting through only the few ones that are actually against rules, making it easier for Staff to handle the reports.

Well that does seem very nifty. Also it is good to have the community involved with helping making the game better :)
33-40-3 : My FM Record

Hosted: VFM13

My discord is fluffymurat#2318 if you really want it I guess...it's now a legacy name.

My discord is just fluffymurat
murat1996
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby spiritofspirits » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:59 am

murat1996 wrote:

Well that does seem very nifty. Also it is good to have the community involved with helping making the game better :)

Until you get that 1 trolling judge who votes everyone innocent. Or everyone guilty.

"Im hacking my role *legit* ???:not guilty
"I like ponies *reported for spam only 1 comment*" ???:Guilty!
Spirit of Fate #8
Future Goodbye
As long as I'm remembered i'll still be alive as the spirit of memories <3

R.I.P me 7/28/17. yay got to sign my death lol 1 last chuckle before I passed away. Goodbye everyone <3

My toys:
Xerxes
Yauaustin202
BRVR
Flamingkamikaze
Technetium
Mace8937
PBR
Jordarrian
Elux666
GifttheGiver
Pokemonkidryan
Npromin1
Smallworldz
Arckas
Watt2015
spiritofspirits
In memory of...
In memory of...

Postby murat1996 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:20 pm

spiritofspirits wrote:
murat1996 wrote:

Until you get that 1 trolling judge who votes everyone innocent. Or everyone guilty.

"Im hacking my role *legit* ???:not guilty
"I like ponies *reported for spam only 1 comment*" ???:Guilty!

They will lose that privilege. Also the higher ups like Mods or developers can dismiss that report anyway.

My discord is fluffymurat#2318 if you really want it I guess...it's now a legacy name.

murat1996
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby Arckas » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:48 pm

Mroz has mostly everything right except that its one person who can decide guilty or innocent. Its a community thing, so multiple people will look at the same report. This renders spirits hypothetical scenario not likely going to that much of a bother.

System also has spam system where if you go too quickly, you'll have to wait X amount of time.

Not to mention, you'll just lose the privilege sooner or later and its easy to monitor if someone is abusing the system.
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:19 pm

Without giving too much away, I will say that a report has to get 9 'Guilty' votes before being sent to us for final decision.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TurdPile » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:57 am

Naru2008 wrote:Without giving too much away, I will say that a report has to get 9 'Guilty' votes before being sent to us for final decision.

Again, 9 (susceptible to change) total votes where the majority being guilty will be sent to judges.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:22 pm

TurdPile wrote:
Naru2008 wrote:Without giving too much away, I will say that a report has to get 9 'Guilty' votes before being sent to us for final decision.

Again, 9 (susceptible to change) total votes where the majority being guilty will be sent to judges.

Was made at the same time as last post. Senpai pls. Check time-stamps.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mroz4k » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:50 am

TurdPile wrote:

It should, I dont see the 9 votes being a very suitable, if the decision needs to be made in the same time. Unless there will be a huge amount of Trial Judges. I would estimate whole Trusted Users section of Forums, and frankly, not everyone who has the Trusted User status is responsible enough to get this kind of decisions.

My suggestion would be 5. It would not be that difficult for 8 Trial Judges to come together and handle the Report at the same time, seems to me it would go a lot more smoother this way.
Unless it doesnt matter if the Judges come around at the same time. Which makes sense... but frankly, I think it would be better if the Judges were able to communicate about the evidence in the report, and reach some sort of decision. Kind of like the Trial in the US legal system, with the commitee taking the decision, after they watch the trial in real time.

Also, if 9 votes to vote guilty need to be achieved, I suppose it also means that 9 votes to vote innocent have to be achieved first, in order for the report to be discarded as "innocent"?

Taking in account that not everyone would vote in unison - 9 votes to vote guilty or innocent would mean there needs to be about 12-15 Trial Judges around at the same time to reach a decision. Or not in the same time, if the Trials are not handled in real-time (which seems pretty realizable.)
Away in the real world most of the time, but I return from time to time, at my own whim.

FM history:
Spoiler: NFM4 - Lookout - W
NFM7 - Consort - L (so close tho)
FM8D - Cit+ to Sheriff - W
FM9C - Cit - L (epicly failed)
CFM hydra 2 - Medium with Varanus - W
SFM17 - Caporegime - W
FM9D - Serial Killer - W (epicly :D)
SFM14 - Bodyguard-ish role - modkilled, caused MyLo FTW - W?
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby TurdPile » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:44 am

Mroz4k wrote:
TurdPile wrote:

It should, I dont see the 9 votes being a very suitable, if the decision needs to be made in the same time. Unless there will be a huge amount of Trial Judges. I would estimate whole Trusted Users section of Forums, and frankly, not everyone who has the Trusted User status is responsible enough to get this kind of decisions.

My suggestion would be 5. It would not be that difficult for 8 Trial Judges to come together and handle the Report at the same time, seems to me it would go a lot more smoother this way.
Unless it doesnt matter if the Judges come around at the same time. Which makes sense... but frankly, I think it would be better if the Judges were able to communicate about the evidence in the report, and reach some sort of decision. Kind of like the Trial in the US legal system, with the commitee taking the decision, after they watch the trial in real time.

Also, if 9 votes to vote guilty need to be achieved, I suppose it also means that 9 votes to vote innocent have to be achieved first, in order for the report to be discarded as "innocent"?

Taking in account that not everyone would vote in unison - 9 votes to vote guilty or innocent would mean there needs to be about 12-15 Trial Judges around at the same time to reach a decision. Or not in the same time, if the Trials are not handled in real-time (which seems pretty realizable.)

You misread my statement.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Theorchon » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:57 pm

Great, now how do I become a Trusted User? And how and when can I go voting?
Theorchon
Witch
Witch

Postby murat1996 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:00 pm

Theorchon wrote:Great, now how do I become a Trusted User? And how and when can I go voting?

To be a trusted user, you need 150 posts

murat1996
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby iggyvolz » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:15 pm

Theorchon wrote:Great, now how do I become a Trusted User? And how and when can I go voting?

FAQ's are a wonderful thing.
The system's not quite done yet - as with any major project it's quite buggy. Once all the bugs are ironed out there will be an announcement.
Greatest failures/shitshows:
iggyvolz
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:20 pm

Can't vote just yet. Sorry, staff only, while we test it.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Theorchon » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:57 pm

murat1996 wrote:

To be a trusted user, you need 150 posts

Well I got a long way to go. Gotta stretch my report-muscles.
Theorchon
Witch
Witch

Return to Ask Questions