Ranked Game

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Ranked Game

Postby AJoStyle » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:46 am

Is there any type of ranking in so called ranked or is it pointless actually ??
AJoStyle
Survivor
Survivor

Re: Ranked Game

Postby Ansem555 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:47 am

AJoStyle wrote:Is there any type of ranking in so called ranked or is it pointless actually ??

Pointless as of this very moment, real Elo will come soon. Right now it's on the Public Test Realm, where it and stats are being tested I believe. If not both, then stats are being worked on.

I don't make any of my own sigs. Bravo to the artists.
Blue text means I'm being sarcastic.
Ansem555
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby AJoStyle » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:56 am

fine TY
any idea of the "soon"tm time ?
AJoStyle
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Ansem555 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:00 am

AJoStyle wrote:fine TY
any idea of the "soon"tm time ?

Not sure. If it's on the PTR it should be relatively soon. Give or take... Two weeks? Little less? I'm only guessing based on past experience.

Ansem555
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby AJoStyle » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:02 am

OK Thanks Sir
AJoStyle
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Ansem555 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:04 am

AJoStyle wrote:OK Thanks Sir

No problem. The reason I'm being so generous with time is because Elo is a pretty big system with a lot of factors, particularly in a game like this where some roles rely on others to win and need to be ranked accordingly for who should climb the ladder.

Ansem555
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Ozyrox » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:04 am

so there is going to be a ranked ladder? sounds nice :)

will you have to start from the beginning or does it put you on the ladder based on games? Does it count up all games ever played or won? Does it start counting when it comes out or from the beginning? Sorry if you don't have the answer.
Refresh for a new GIF!!

Spoiler: MY ROLE IDEAS

Ozyrox
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Mroz4k » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:49 am

I hate to be pessimist, but there really is no way of knowing. Developers always take a long time before implementing anything when they attempt to catch out all the major issues first. The example could be the Trials system - it has been in a ready stage a month ago but still was not implemented.

It will be here when the Developers feel its the time to implement it. So dont really count with the two weeks - personally I think that was a very optimistic guess.

Nobody ever knows if something goes wrong, so it may very much be another month or more. Lets just hope its as soon as possible.
Away in the real world most of the time, but I return from time to time, at my own whim.

FM history:
Spoiler: NFM4 - Lookout - W
NFM7 - Consort - L (so close tho)
FM8D - Cit+ to Sheriff - W
FM9C - Cit - L (epicly failed)
CFM hydra 2 - Medium with Varanus - W
SFM17 - Caporegime - W
FM9D - Serial Killer - W (epicly :D)
SFM14 - Bodyguard-ish role - modkilled, caused MyLo FTW - W?
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Ansem555 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:00 pm

Mroz4k wrote:I hate to be pessimist, but there really is no way of knowing. Developers always take a long time before implementing anything when they attempt to catch out all the major issues first. The example could be the Trials system - it has been in a ready stage a month ago but still was not implemented.

It will be here when the Developers feel its the time to implement it. So dont really count with the two weeks - personally I think that was a very optimistic guess.

Nobody ever knows if something goes wrong, so it may very much be another month or more. Lets just hope its as soon as possible.

Like I said, I'm just using past experience with in-game features. The only ones I know of that have taken longer have been the pre-beta update, and even that was forced into live from DDoSes ruining the Alpha. And Trials really hasn't been in the ready stage last I heard, best I've heard is from TurdPile somewhere here that the Devs needed to do their part to implement it, but as you can imagine they've been preoccupied with other stuff (like the Elo and stat screens and the like). (EDIT: Also note I could be wrong and haven't gotten around enough and you know something I don't. I try to pay attention, but sometimes I just skim by topic titles alone.)

Besides, it's not like guesses ever hurt anyone, optimistic or otherwise. Not saying pessimism is a bad thing when necessary, but this is one of the few times where it's not since I'm not saying my guess is fact. If it takes longer, it takes longer, I'm just taking a shot in the dark.

Ansem555
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby TurdPile » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:08 pm

Trial System is next after Ranked is completed.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Ask Questions