Is this gamethrowing?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Is this gamethrowing?

Postby Gloomeh » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:07 pm

Ok so I'm going to keep it as simple and salt-free as I can.I just had a game where a guy admitted that he's an executioner,saving a townie from getting lynched and confirming his alignment.He then proceeded to help town win until the game ended.The game was frustrating since I was the gf and I was hitting immune targets almost every night(2 survivors,jailor,exe immunity,arso).Because of the existence of a transporter and a retri as support roles it was hard to claim a believable role after the exe decided to help town(most of the protectives and invest roles died early into the game).What I'm asking here is if what the exe did can be called gamethrowing.I'm waiting for your answers.
Gloomeh
Transporter
Transporter

Re: Is this gamethrowing?

Postby Nellyfox » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:09 pm

Moved to Ask Questions.
I'd say it is because the executioner went against their goal.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Mroz4k » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:30 am

The most important piece of information is missing - did the Executioner hung his target right away? If he did and already won, he can help whomever he wants. Including the Town. Then he can aslo help saving Townies, etc...

So no, that would be completely fine, not game-throwing.

But if he revealed right away, declined wanting to have his target lynched and revealed who his target is, made it impossible to win on his own role, then yes, it is game-throwing.

It doesnt matter if you reported them in-game rightfully or not - if you did, you did. And then the Devs will see the Log, if he is innocent nothing will happen. If he is not, he will be punished.
Away in the real world most of the time, but I return from time to time, at my own whim.

FM history:
Spoiler: NFM4 - Lookout - W
NFM7 - Consort - L (so close tho)
FM8D - Cit+ to Sheriff - W
FM9C - Cit - L (epicly failed)
CFM hydra 2 - Medium with Varanus - W
SFM17 - Caporegime - W
FM9D - Serial Killer - W (epicly :D)
SFM14 - Bodyguard-ish role - modkilled, caused MyLo FTW - W?
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Ansem555 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:59 pm

Mroz4k wrote:The most important piece of information is missing - did the Executioner hung his target right away? If he did and already won, he can help whomever he wants. Including the Town. Then he can aslo help saving Townies, etc...

So no, that would be completely fine, not game-throwing.

But if he revealed right away, declined wanting to have his target lynched and revealed who his target is, made it impossible to win on his own role, then yes, it is game-throwing.

It doesnt matter if you reported them in-game rightfully or not - if you did, you did. And then the Devs will see the Log, if he is innocent nothing will happen. If he is not, he will be punished.

He actually did reveal that information. He said the Executioner saved his target from being lynched (proving he's a Townie by claiming he's Exe, since they only every go for Town) before helping the Town win the game (so since he saved the Townie, he didn't win either).

I don't make any of my own sigs. Bravo to the artists.
Blue text means I'm being sarcastic.
Ansem555
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby ReconMaster » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:44 pm

Gloomeh wrote:Ok so I'm going to keep it as simple and salt-free as I can.I just had a game where a guy admitted that he's an executioner,saving a townie from getting lynched and confirming his alignment.He then proceeded to help town win until the game ended.The game was frustrating since I was the gf and I was hitting immune targets almost every night(2 survivors,jailor,exe immunity,arso).Because of the existence of a transporter and a retri as support roles it was hard to claim a believable role after the exe decided to help town(most of the protectives and invest roles died early into the game).What I'm asking here is if what the exe did can be called gamethrowing.I'm waiting for your answers.

The executioners goal is to kill that townie that he saved so yes this is definitely game-throwing, if he had of lynched his target then help town it would be allowed.
Forum Mafia Record
6D: Witch, Loss
6F: Doctor, Win
TFM5: Banker, Loss
TFM8: Middle Sibling, Win
GFM: Citizen, Win
Deaths by Veteran N1: 2
ReconMaster
Witch
Witch

Postby Mroz4k » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:14 am

Ansem555 wrote:He actually did reveal that information. He said the Executioner saved his target from being lynched (proving he's a Townie by claiming he's Exe, since they only every go for Town) before helping the Town win the game (so since he saved the Townie, he didn't win either).

Actually, he didnt.
Gloomeh wrote:...saving a townie from getting lynched and confirming his alignment...

OP never said that the Townie who was getting lynched was Executioner´s target. In fact, the Executioner´s target could have already been gone, and in that case the Executioner was free to do everything.
I was careful to read it twice before saying anything - he never said anything about the townie being the Executioner´s target.
Away in the real world most of the time, but I return from time to time, at my own whim.

FM history:
Spoiler: NFM4 - Lookout - W
NFM7 - Consort - L (so close tho)
FM8D - Cit+ to Sheriff - W
FM9C - Cit - L (epicly failed)
CFM hydra 2 - Medium with Varanus - W
SFM17 - Caporegime - W
FM9D - Serial Killer - W (epicly :D)
SFM14 - Bodyguard-ish role - modkilled, caused MyLo FTW - W?
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Return to Ask Questions