Reported for Doing Nothing

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Reported for Doing Nothing

Postby SeniorBONBON1052 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:34 pm

I was in a round and my role was sheriff. Now, I really don't care for the role so I didn't really do anything. I asked the other players to kill me. It didn't matter how. I just wanted to leave without quitting right in the middle like a coward. Then at the end of the game the town got mad. They threatened to report me because I was game-throwing and breaking the rules. Is this true? Was I game-throwing? Was I breaking the rules? Did they have right to report me?

Please let me know ASAP. Thanks

Signed, a fan and player. :)
SeniorBONBON1052

Re: Reported for Doing Nothing

Postby Nellyfox » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:37 pm

I'd say yes.
You didn't try to help the town and just wanted to die purposely.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Ansem555 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:15 pm

Going to be a little harsh here, you're always going to get roles you don't like in this game, but you have to help your side win or else you're gamethrowing. Being a brat will just get you reported and rightfully so because you're supposed to be helping your team win instead of being selfish all because you hate your role, and admitting it here on the forums especially will get people to frown down on you. I don't speak for everyone, but whenever someone admits they were gamethrowing in any way they tend to be frowned upon by a lot of members.

I don't make any of my own sigs. Bravo to the artists.
Blue text means I'm being sarcastic.
Ansem555
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby SeniorBONBON1052 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:31 pm

thanks for your opinions guys. They helped me to see my peers' points of view. if a game official could reply that would really help me out.
thanks guys
SeniorBONBON1052

Postby Ansem555 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:36 pm

I'm sorry for being a bit too harsh, so I'm glad you took it well anyway. What I was getting at is that Town or Mafia, Sheriff or Framer, or even loners like Serial Killer you have to help your team. Besides loner roles, you're in the game together and it's disrespectful to the people to not only not do your job (which is important for something, yours finding lesser Mafia members to give the Godfather nothing to work with) but to also ask them to waste their time killing you just so you can leave.

People appreciate you a lot more when you try your hardest at a role and resent you when you try to be a quitter, especially blatantly.

I don't make any of my own sigs. Bravo to the artists.
Blue text means I'm being sarcastic.
Ansem555
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Gobln » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:36 pm

SeniorBONBON1052 wrote:thanks for your opinions guys. They helped me to see my peers' points of view. if a game official could reply that would really help me out.
thanks guys

Not really opinions, this is gamethrowing and gamethrowing is against the rules.
Gobln
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby TurdPile » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:37 pm

Anything that goes against your roles' goal is gamethrowing. This counts
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Postby DizzyWaddleDoo » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:51 am

This is even worse than leaving, because at least with leaving you aren't begging to be killed and wasting everyone's time.
ImageImage
Sun moth is best moth.
Spoiler: Image
Thanks Burgy!
DizzyWaddleDoo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Mroz4k » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:22 am

You made your teammates kill you. The only way they can do so is by either lynching you, or having Vigilante or Jailor kill you.
If one of those two kill you, they will either die themselves (Vigilante) or loose Executions (Jailor). In both cases, you just crippled Town by a whole bunch. They only killed you because they thought you were Jester. Which is usually a good choice to kill.

If you made Town hang you, you just wasted their chance to lynch someone during the day. May not seem as much, but one day can mean all the difference between keeping a Town on the voting majority or not. So, it matters, a lot...

In all the cases, you crippled the Town. So, you damaged your teammates - that is a pure case of Game-throwing.

If you cannot swallow up that you dont like some roles, dont play the game. Or at the very least, play All Any, and if you dont like the Role you got, leave after you die or after 3 days, AND leave some information in your Will! At least help them a bit...

This game is supposed to be team-based. I bet you will find a lot more roles to be more enjoyable if you cooperate with your team. I didnt like many roles when I started playing. But guess what, it gives me great feeling, knowing I am the Sheriff who found Serial Killer because they were too reckless and said something suspicious in chat, and two Mafia, because one accused and hung Doctor with immidiate support of another member who was just quiet the whole game.

If you can play the role well, and make sure your team wins because you made those investigations, carrying 6 other people on your back to victory is pretty damn awesome.
Away in the real world most of the time, but I return from time to time, at my own whim.

FM history:
Spoiler: NFM4 - Lookout - W
NFM7 - Consort - L (so close tho)
FM8D - Cit+ to Sheriff - W
FM9C - Cit - L (epicly failed)
CFM hydra 2 - Medium with Varanus - W
SFM17 - Caporegime - W
FM9D - Serial Killer - W (epicly :D)
SFM14 - Bodyguard-ish role - modkilled, caused MyLo FTW - W?
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Ozyrox » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:30 am

TurdPile wrote:Anything that goes against your roles' goal is gamethrowing. This counts

Yes thats true (Sorry for quoting you)

Sheriff can still be useful though!! Obviously detects mafia and SK with the framer weakness. But sheriff can still help the town win. I played a custom game as Sheriff where Mafia (not gf) and SK got eliminated and I lead the town anyways. I knew I was useless because there was only 1 gf out of 5. I just acted like a leader and asked for roles. I figured out who was in what alignment and what they could do for night actions. I won us the game and when I told everyone my role they were shocked :D. I got a couple of mates that day. If you want to know I lead the town in Custom as Medium. And Executioner :D. I'm just gonna say that I don't like these roles yet I managed to have fun with them. Every role matters in the game.
Refresh for a new GIF!!

Spoiler: MY ROLE IDEAS

Ozyrox
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Return to Ask Questions