Question About Logging in to Forum with Steam account

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Question About Logging in to Forum with Steam account

Postby Ritz0800 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:32 pm

For context, my Town of Salem account (a different account, I made this one specifically to ask this question) was banned for an Inappropriate In-Game Name. I would like to see the specific instance of me naming myself something inappropriate in order to decide whether I can appeal the ban or not.

That said, I don't think I ever made a BlankMediaGames account as I always pressed the "Sign-in Using Steam" option when launching the game. I couldn't find a way to log into the forum using Steam and my Steam username/password didn't seem to work either. I guess the question is: Can I log into the forum using my Steam account to view the offense I was banned for?

To clarify, I looked at the FAQs and couldn't find any questions about this issue. I would like to play Town of Salem, but if I was banned for legitimate reasons, I can accept that. I did not make this second account for any kind of ban evasion whatsoever, and just wanted to ask this question to figure out why I was banned.
Ritz0800

Re: Question About Logging in to Forum with Steam account

Postby blackaxe3 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:45 pm

In order to play the game I'm pretty sure it requires you to have a BlankMediaGames account even if you use the Steam version of the game. You may not be able to log into the forums with your account because there was a forced password reset a few months ago so you have to reset your password before you can log in.
My Name Picks:

Royal Match - my default pick
Melon King - when someone named themselves Pumpkin King
Godfather - for role theme or to just bait people
Cottan Mother - to cause confusion
blackaxe3
Transporter
Transporter

Re: Question About Logging in to Forum with Steam account

Postby kyuss420 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:02 am

also, buying another account, isnt considered ban evasion XD
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose