How do you know if you've been banned?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

How do you know if you've been banned?

Postby Lupa1996 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:23 pm

I was in a game when I got logged out saying that I was forcibly logged out remotely. Then I tried logging back in and I can't. Does anyone know how or why? How can I get my account back?
Lupa1996

Re: How do you know if you've been banned?

Postby Jerme » Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:28 am

Greetings,

you know that your account is banned, when the game tells you about it upon logging it. The message is pretty straightforward telling you that your account is suspended (with a timer telling you how many hours left) or banned along with the given reason.
Which Message did your receive when you tried to login?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby James2 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:26 pm

Your account is not banned. Try logging in using a private browser and a proxy IP, that usually resolves the problem in my experience.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby OG2DINO » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:15 am

If my account got banned for Hate Speech/ harassment can I activate my account again or is it gone forever?
OG2DINO

Postby Jerme » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:40 pm

OG2DINO wrote:If my account got banned for Hate Speech/ harassment can I activate my account again or is it gone forever?

Greetings,

firstly is "activate" the wrong term there and secondly is the question unfavorably worded and would receive a "no you cannot activate your account" as a reply.
A proper reply to the spirit of the question: Only invalid reportbased bans or suspension are allowed to be reverted, so if the given report that triggered the punishment is in fact invalid, you can appeal it and have it reverted. Otherwise there is nothing that can be done and the account remains banned.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Ask Questions