Question about ban

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Question about ban

Postby ChubbyQuiche » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:26 am

Hello, I was banned 3-4 years ago on my ToS account.

I was wondering that if I bought ToS on my steam account (which is connected to the same email address as the ToS account I was banned on), would the ban persist? If not, would be this considered as ban evading?
ChubbyQuiche
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Question about ban

Postby Joacgroso » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:16 am

As far as I understand, ban evading isn't against the rules anymore. As long as you don't link your Steam account to your banned one, you will be fine. I don't think they'll link automatically, but maybe you should check how it's done.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Re: Question about ban

Postby Jerme » Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:18 am

The ban is on the account-ID, not on your emailadress or IP, or similar. You are free to create a new account and return to the game with it. When you buy the game via Steam, then I suggest you to not link it with your banned account, as this account will remain banned, but instead to create a new account to link your SteamID with.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Ask Questions