Please Help Me. I'm At My Wit's End!

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Please Help Me. I'm At My Wit's End!

Postby MiserableFailure » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:43 pm

Please, can somebody help me out? I'm losing my mind and I'm having a mental breakdown.

So, I had my original account for many years, but it ended up getting permanently banned due to some silly, unfair nonsense. But I never bothered to get it unbanned. So, now I discover that thanks to the game being carried over onto the Unity engine, there's no un-banning it whatsoever. So I think: "Well, do I have to just buy it again?" So I try, but Steam won't let me. So I 'remove' the game permanently from Steam, but...my friend buys me the entire TOS bundle, and...I can't accept the damn gift! It says there's an 'error'. So I discover that Steam still has the 'key' to the game, and it's never FULLY gone! So I REINSTALL it, but...it STILL won't let me go back on, since...I was freaking BANNED!

So then I think: "So...this forum says if you want to delete an account, just follow this link!" So I do that, but...it deletes my FORUM account, not my STEAM account! So then I get locked out from this site, and I can't find a way to post for help! So then I'm forced to go onto the Browser version of TOS to be able to register a NEW account (this one), just so I can get back onto this forum and ask for help. Please, I'm begging you...someone, anyone, help me! I don't know what to do! I've tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling...I asked Steam for help...I deleted my old forum account, even though I liked it...I tried to make a new account...my friend bought me the entire bundle (TWICE) and it won't work...please, help me! I'm begging you.
MiserableFailure

Re: Please Help Me. I'm At My Wit's End!

Postby Jerme » Sun May 22, 2022 7:45 am

Greetings,

you still own the game, but your SteamID is banned (regardless if the account connected to it is banned or not) so you are locked away from play. As our ban system doesn't make you "unown" the Steamgame.
You have to either create a new Steamaccount (and have the game there) in order to play, or use the web/mobile client in order to create an account. After you unlocked premium with that, you are free to use the Steamclient for it again.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Ask Questions