I cannot play the game

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

I cannot play the game

Postby scyros » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:47 am

someone gifted me town of talem on steam, but whenever i try to link my steam account to my current account, it tells me "A generic server error occurred. Please try again."

i've been trying again for days now. i've tried everything on the FAQ, none of it worked, and i can't delete and re-create my account because i have to wait at least 30 days. i looked up the error message online, but there was no support on it for town of salem specifically, and it's such a generic error message that there were hundreds of possible solutions and it would be impossible for me to get through.

i tried to create a new account with a new email and a new username, but it gave me an error message that said "Steam Verification Failed" and so i looked up that error message and tried everything the steam help pages suggested. nothing.

i tried to contact the support email, waited days, got no response. i don't know what to do.

my friend spent money on this so we could play together and i feel really bad that their money has gone to waste. any ideas for how to fix this are super appreciated.
scyros

Re: I cannot play the game

Postby shapesifter13 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:20 pm

The Steam linking/registration issues should all be resolved now! Thank you all for your patience.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Return to Ask Questions