Is this gamethrowing?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Is this gamethrowing?

Postby SfantulPigeon » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:54 am

So i just had a game. In this game it was mostly evils with like 3 town. I was a town, at this point of the game it was me and another town with 7 other people alive, the executioner came out and said their target was 5 so since it was evil majority we voted them up giving the executioner a win. But then both 5 and another player (which won) said they will report me for throwing, and im actually pretty scared, can i get banned for throwing for this even if i had no other option?
SfantulPigeon

Re: Is this gamethrowing?

Postby Jerme » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:34 pm

If the Executioner was confirmed execution or you honestly beleived that this was indeed and execution, you then have lynched a confirmed town, which is usually considered gamehtrowing as a fellow townie.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Joacgroso » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:40 am

Really? But gamethrowing is intentionally decreasing your team's chances of winning. You can't do that if you chances of winning are already 0%, which seems to be the case for this user.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:32 am

Joacgroso wrote:Really? But gamethrowing is intentionally decreasing your team's chances of winning. You can't do that if you chances of winning are already 0%, which seems to be the case for this user.

pfff Ive seen a medium win while 5 evils killed themselves around him
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Joacgroso » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:58 am

Right. I said that assuming it was a RP/R game where there are only mafia and town. I don't think players should have to assume others will leave in order to decide what to do.
In any case, I checked the reports on SfantulPigeon to see what gamemode it was, but apparently he wasn't even reported for this. So he is safe.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby James2 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:53 pm

Joacgroso wrote:Really? But gamethrowing is intentionally decreasing your team's chances of winning. You can't do that if you chances of winning are already 0%, which seems to be the case for this user.

If you join a game where certain roles have a very low (not zero) chance of winning, you should be prepared to play to wincon if you get one of those roles.

Of course, good will from a night-immune kingmaker can increase town's (already very low) chances of winning in town-minority games. So the OP didn't necessarily throw by voting his teammate.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Joacgroso » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:51 pm

I said the 0% thing assuming this was a normal gamemode. But if there were several factions left, town still had a chance. Depending of the roles, some townies may have wanted to camouflage themselves as evils, though.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Return to Ask Questions