Enquiry about Reporting Leavers

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Enquiry about Reporting Leavers

Postby SilentEel » Tue May 25, 2021 3:33 pm

I don't recall purposely leaving a single game since I started playing in 2016.. I enjoy all evil roles and don't find any role to be boring, in fact the less likely a role's chances of winning are, the more challenging it is to me, so I always play till the end; and any game that I had left would be solely due to internet disconnection, I guess that could be evident judging by my active participation up until the moment I'm seen to leave game.

Therefore I had always held back on reporting leavers because I know too well what it's like to have trash wifi so I'd always defend them when someone would ask to report and I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. However I now hear a lot of people report every leaver and claim that if they get too many reports and if they're seen to leave too many games they'll eventually get suspended/banned. Is that true?? Will multiple leaving reports amount to a suspension, even if there's nothing to indicate that the leave was intentional? Bc this makes me worry since I can't help the unstable connection where I live.. if I had multiple leaves it's bc I spend plenty of my day playing and my internet could disconnect more than once a day..
(Just to clarify, I mostly play All/Any.. I'd be too scared of disconnecting in a ranked game and getting mass reported or something so I mostly avoid:') )

Also, does the number of reports we have matter even if they weren't deemed guilty? Bc I know history plays a role in bans, but I found for instance that I had a few spamming reports but they were all deemed innocent bc they were invalid/reports made out spite lol, in that case does 'history' only take into account the guilty reports?

Sorry for this long rant.. just wanted reassurance so I could play without having to worry about people mistaking me for a leaver and so I wouldn't distress over someone saying they'd report.
Thank you massively in advance.
SilentEel
Jester
Jester

Re: Enquiry about Reporting Leavers

Postby Joacgroso » Tue May 25, 2021 4:49 pm

The amount of reports doesn't affect the veredict. Each report is independent. As far as I know, the rule about many leaving reports leading to a suspension used to exist, but it isn't enforced anymore since the devs are aware of connectivity issues, so they won't punish leavers until they add the reconnect button. Leavers are only suspended if they announce they are going to leave before leaving.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Re: Enquiry about Reporting Leavers

Postby SilentEel » Tue May 25, 2021 6:20 pm

Got it thank youu a lot!
SilentEel
Jester
Jester

Return to Ask Questions