Rules

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Rules

Postby Flakey112345 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:58 pm

Where in the rulebook does it says if you forgot that you are in a game that it counts as leaving?
Flakey112345
Witch
Witch

Re: Rules

Postby Brilliand » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:39 pm

That's called "AFKing".
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Flavorable » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:18 pm

Right there. Can't forget unless you went AFK (or tabbed out, which is the same for all intents and purposes).
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Flakey112345 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:19 pm

Brilliand wrote:That's called "AFKing".

Okay and is that in the rulebook?
Last edited by Flakey112345 on Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flakey112345
Witch
Witch

Postby Flakey112345 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:20 pm

Right there. Can't forget unless you went AFK (or tabbed out, which is the same for all intents and purposes).

where in the "RULEBOOK"?
Flakey112345
Witch
Witch

Postby Flavorable » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:26 pm

The rulebook isn't leading. At the end of the day, the rules mentioned on the Rules tab ingame and at blankmediagames.com/rules are leading.

Regardless, I do want to advice you to tread lightly, since it is fairly obvious this is about your appeal getting denied and not just a "general" question.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Flakey112345 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:42 pm

Flavorable wrote:The rulebook isn't leading. At the end of the day, the rules mentioned on the Rules tab ingame and at blankmediagames.com/rules are leading.

Regardless, I do want to advice you to tread lightly, since it is fairly obvious this is about your appeal getting denied and not just a "general" question.

It surely is a general question because it's not in the rulebook, but since I can't get a simple yes or no answer, thank you for your time. I also remember the last time i asked about the rules you guys switched it up and say you do things based on the rulebook, i knew you guys would just switch things based on what you seemed fit, didn't really expect much, you can close the thread now.. I got my answer.
Flakey112345
Witch
Witch

Postby Brilliand » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:50 pm

It is a bit weird that this isn't explicitly mentioned in the rulebook. It's easy enough to add, right?
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Flakey112345 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:55 pm

Brilliand wrote:It is a bit weird that this isn't explicitly mentioned in the rulebook. It's easy enough to add, right?

Should be.
Flakey112345
Witch
Witch

Postby Flavorable » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:03 pm

The rules guide is generally only for jurors and clarify some rules that are not already clear from the normal rules page. It generally specifies what falls under certain rules that might normally be up for debate. Intentional AFK is never up for debate, this it needn't be clarified, it's always been guilty, even before the game went pay to play.

The only difference is that nowadays it gets filed under "Leaving" instead of "Gamethrowing".

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Brilliand » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:20 pm

The rulebook purports to be "the most accurate set of expanded rules," not just an errata for the main rules. It should therefore contain everything.

Even if that were not true, the fact that AFKing has been moved into the "Leaving" category is worth a note in the trial guide, yes?

EDIT: Whoa whoa whoa... the Juror guide linked to on this forum clearly states that AFKing is classified under "leaving", but the TOS RULES (pay to play version) linked to in the trial system sidebar does not.

I think the real problem here is that the trial system has the wrong link.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Flakey112345 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:30 pm

Brilliand wrote:The rulebook purports to be "the most accurate set of expanded rules," not just an errata for the main rules. It should therefore contain everything.

Even if that were not true, the fact that AFKing has been moved into the "Leaving" category is worth a note in the trial guide, yes?

EDIT: Whoa whoa whoa... the Juror guide linked to on this forum clearly states that AFKing is classified under "leaving", but the TOS RULES (pay to play version) linked to in the trial system sidebar does not.

Funny thing is it says "intentional afk" while i wasn't intentionally afk... *facepalm* these people would just do anything to suspend ig. not really my problem ill just take it, not like i have a choice
Flakey112345
Witch
Witch

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:36 pm

Flakey112345 wrote:
Brilliand wrote:The rulebook purports to be "the most accurate set of expanded rules," not just an errata for the main rules. It should therefore contain everything.

Funny thing is it says "intentional afk" while i wasn't intentionally afk... *facepalm* these people would just do anything to suspend ig. not really my problem ill just take it, not like i have a choice

Intentional AFK = "I gotta pee brb" then being gone the entire game
Unintentional AFK = *disappearing without a trace*
Legal AFK = Not talking or voting, but using abilities and coming back to win the game when needed.
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Flakey112345 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:42 pm

Intentional AFK = "I gotta pee brb" then being gone the entire game
Unintentional AFK = *disappearing without a trace*
Legal AFK = Not talking or voting, but using abilities and coming back to win the game when needed.[/quote]

Well I think mine was unintentional, I was helping with something at home, came back and saw I was dead, said in the dead chat "oh i didn't know i was in a game" and stayed and watched town WIN (i was town) and the admin guy only said "afking is counted as leaving" he never said "intentional afk" like what the juror's book said and I was also not intentionally afk, I never said that I had to go anywhere or anything of the sort so... but I do know how these guys act, they wouldn't correct something even when they're wrong they would just find a way to make themselves right by shaping the rules around to suit them so I'm done on this post and i'll just wait until sunday to play again.
Flakey112345
Witch
Witch

Postby Brilliand » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:49 pm

I am baffled that some people continue to buy new accounts after being banned over and over.

If you get banned, and you're unable or unwilling to change the behavior that got you banned, shouldn't you just not come back? Especially if you think it was undeserved and you're just giving money to what amounts to crooks.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Flakey112345 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:50 am

Brilliand wrote:I am baffled that some people continue to buy new accounts after being banned over and over.

If you get banned, and you're unable or unwilling to change the behavior that got you banned, shouldn't you just not come back? Especially if you think it was undeserved and you're just giving money to what amounts to crooks.

I got suspended, not banned, If this account gets banned i'm not buying another.
Flakey112345
Witch
Witch

Postby Brilliand » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:30 am

Flakey112345 wrote:I got suspended, not banned, If this account gets banned i'm not buying another.

This is your first account? Sorry, I assumed you were an alt of someone else I've seen around.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Flakey112345 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:21 am

Brilliand wrote:
Flakey112345 wrote:I got suspended, not banned, If this account gets banned i'm not buying another.

This is your first account? Sorry, I assumed you were an alt of someone else I've seen around.

Yes, My first.
Flakey112345
Witch
Witch

Return to Ask Questions