Ranked season length

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Ranked season length

Postby FlowMafia » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:45 am

The goal of this post is to make various questions about ranked seasons and their length

1. Is there going to be a standard length for ranked seasons anytime soon? Seasons don't seem to be a consistent length as they can last from 4 months to years, is there a reason for it? Which lead us to question 2

2. Why was ranked season 4 extremely long? I understand that early-ish in the season (late 2018) there was the botting issue and the data breach which took priority in fixing over the ranked season, that part is understandable, but that season lasted also the whole year of 2019 and a huge part of 2020, why so much time?
300 elo, known gamethrower.

FlowMafia
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Ranked season length

Postby Ezradekezra » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:53 am

1. I don't think that there's a set end point for the season, but it'll probably be around the time of the next major update.

2. I'm pretty sure Season 4 lasted a while because the devs were focusing attention on the Unity port. After they finished with that, they turned their attention to balance issues and eventually ending Season 4.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby itaicool » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:26 am

Ezradekezra wrote:1. I don't think that there's a set end point for the season, but it'll probably be around the time of the next major update.

2. I'm pretty sure Season 4 lasted a while because the devs were focusing attention on the Unity port. After they finished with that, they turned their attention to balance issues and eventually ending Season 4.

I believe this is the correct answer, the devs focused on unity port so the season kept going untill they finished
I believe future seasons wont be as long
itaicool
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby shapesifter13 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:31 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:1. I don't think that there's a set end point for the season, but it'll probably be around the time of the next major update.

This correct. With Flash announcing their end of life, porting to Unity took priority over almost every other change. This is why there was a big drought in updates until the Unity port was released.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Return to Ask Questions