ELO question

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

ELO question

Postby oddreygreasy » Sat May 30, 2020 9:28 pm

So my elo high when I first did ranked matches was over 1000. A couple years ago I didn't realize leaving games when I was dead and my team clearly lost tanked my elo.....along with some bad connection issues forcing me to leave (game froze, kicked, etc)....Anyways, I'm sadly at 1 ELO. Yes, 1 ELO.

I have been grinding this game lately. One day I even got myself into the low 100s, finally I am digging myself out of this hell! Only to login the next day and I am still at 1 ELO (despite not leaving and having logged out having more than one elo).

Is it just not possible to gain elo in this game? Is there something I'm missing? I have the steam version if that matters. Please be nice, I genuinely could not find an answer to this question anywhere and I'm genuinely confused.
oddreygreasy

Re: ELO question

Postby Jerme » Sun May 31, 2020 1:05 am

It is possibly to gain elo and the client doesn't matter. There is also no known automatic decay, especially not in the lower ranks.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby oddreygreasy » Sun May 31, 2020 8:13 pm

Okay....so how am I at times logging out after playing at higher elo than 1, and logging back in to 1 elo? Pardon my ignorance. Would it help if I screen recorded to demonstrate?
oddreygreasy

Postby Jerme » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:29 am

I am not sure what could've cause this, I apologize.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Transcender » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:03 am

i dont think this is the first person who has logged back in for their elo to have gone down, seeing how this isnt a one off thing this should probably be looked into.
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Flavorable » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:20 am

Are you leaving games before they end?
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby oddreygreasy » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:57 pm

Of course, I have had connection issues before. But my elo will go down always to 1 when logging out......even if I played all games with not connection problems and logged out of the game having much higher elo. I'll be happy to grind today and get it to hit over 100 again and screen record to demonstrate the issue.....just tell me where to send :P
oddreygreasy

Postby shapesifter13 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:31 pm

Something that could help us track down any potential issues would be to take a screenshots of the end game screen after every game for the next couple days. This could help us see if there are any inconsistencies. This would show us your rating gain/loss per game, and games played so we can see if for some reason you are losing extra rating somewhere.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby oddreygreasy » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:28 pm

Thanks! Will do :) should I post them in here or send them to an email or?
oddreygreasy

Postby shapesifter13 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:35 am

Emailing them to Support@BlankMediaGames.Zendesk.com would be great, thanks!
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Return to Ask Questions