Religious Discussion

Discuss about anything non-TOS related here. Keep responses high quality, or go to the Lounge 8-)

Re: Religious Discussion

Postby NDM » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:50 pm

Gobln wrote:
NDM wrote:It is a paradox. If G-d is all powerful, can he create a stone so heavy he cannot lift it, or can he not create that?

James2 point is that God can do anything, including creating a rock he cannot lift. But then he could also lift that same rock.

Thus meaning he can't do everything, by making something he can't lift.
Spoiler: Thanks Archo and sorry for rushing you

Anyone who thinks they can debate me without evidence cannot win a debate. Anyone who just uses one quote as a point shows they are the failure, and prove the opposing side.

I suck at grammar. I admit it. Grammar is my lowest subject, compared to my math, reading, writing, science and history.
NDM
Godfather
Godfather

Postby NDM » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:50 pm

ScorpioDiAngelo wrote:By using that paradox, you are not proving that God cannot do anything, you are simply proving that God cannot be matched by anything but himself.

No, it proves he is either all-powerful or isn't. If he can do the first, he cannot be all powerful. If he cannot do the first, he is not all powerful, but he is thought to be.

Anyone who thinks they can debate me without evidence cannot win a debate. Anyone who just uses one quote as a point shows they are the failure, and prove the opposing side.

I suck at grammar. I admit it. Grammar is my lowest subject, compared to my math, reading, writing, science and history.
NDM
Godfather
Godfather

Postby NDM » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:58 pm

ScorpioDiAngelo wrote:
NDM wrote:
ScorpioDiAngelo wrote:By using that paradox, you are not proving that God cannot do anything, you are simply proving that God cannot be matched by anything but himself.

No, it proves he is either all-powerful or isn't. If he can do the first, he cannot be all powerful. If he cannot do the first, he is not all powerful, but he is thought to be.

So, your belief is that is the only person who could possibly outmatch God is God himself, that doesn't make him all powerful?

If he cannot do something, he is not all powerful is he? But can you do the Jesus did all this now or no?

NDM wrote:Isaiah 1:26: "And I will restore your judges as at first and your counsellors as in the beginning; afterwards you shall be called City of Righteousness, Faithful City." Some Jews[9] interpret this to mean that the Sanhedrin will be re-established.
Once he is King, leaders of other nations will look to him for guidance (Isaiah 2:4)
The whole world will worship the One God of Israel (Isaiah 2:11–17)
He will be descended from King David (Isaiah 11:1) via Solomon (1 Chronicles 22:8–10, 2 Chronicles 7:18)
The "spirit of the Lord" will be upon him, and he will have a "fear of God" (Isaiah 11:2)
Evil and tyranny will not be able to stand before his leadership (Isaiah 11:4)
Knowledge of God will fill the world (Isaiah 11:9)
He will include and attract people from all cultures and nations (Isaiah 11:10)
All Israelites will be returned to their homeland (Isaiah 11:12)
Death will be swallowed up forever (Isaiah 25:8)
There will be no more hunger or illness, and death will cease (Isaiah 25:8)
All of the dead will rise again (Isaiah 26:19)
The Jewish people will experience eternal joy and gladness (Isaiah 51:11)
He will be a messenger of peace (Isaiah 52:7)
Nations will recognize the wrongs they did to Israel (Isaiah 52:13–53:5)
The peoples of the world will turn to the Jews for spiritual guidance (Zechariah 8:23)
The ruined cities of Israel will be restored (Ezekiel 16:55)
Weapons of war will be destroyed (Ezekiel 39:9)
The people of Israel will have direct access to the Torah through their minds and Torah study will become the study of the wisdom of the heart (Jeremiah 31:33)[10]
He will give you all the worthy desires of your heart (Psalms 37:4)
He will take the barren land and make it abundant and fruitful (Isaiah 51:3, Amos 9:13–15, Ezekiel 36:29–30, Isaiah 11:6–9).

List of the common ones.

NDM
Godfather
Godfather

Postby NDM » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:05 pm

No, if he cannot do something, he is not all-powerful. All powerful means nothing can stop him. Not even himself.

NDM
Godfather
Godfather

Postby NDM » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:09 pm

ScorpioDiAngelo wrote:
NDM wrote:No, if he cannot do something, he is not all-powerful. All powerful means nothing can stop him. Not even himself.

All Powerful also means supreme, or preeminent. Meaning that he is the most powerful. So if there is non other as powerful as him, he is all powerful by definition.

Yet, if there is something he can't do it he isn't. BECAUSE OF THIS,

om·nip·o·tent
ˌämˈnipəd(ə)nt/Submit
adjective
(of a deity) having unlimited power; able to do anything.

If he can't do something (create a stone so heavy he cannot lift it) he isn't.

NDM
Godfather
Godfather

Postby NDM » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:53 pm

ScorpioDiAngelo wrote:
NDM wrote:
ScorpioDiAngelo wrote:
NDM wrote:No, if he cannot do something, he is not all-powerful. All powerful means nothing can stop him. Not even himself.

All Powerful also means supreme, or preeminent. Meaning that he is the most powerful. So if there is non other as powerful as him, he is all powerful by definition.

Yet, if there is something he can't do it he isn't. BECAUSE OF THIS,

om·nip·o·tent
ˌämˈnipəd(ə)nt/Submit
adjective
(of a deity) having unlimited power; able to do anything.

If he can't do something (create a stone so heavy he cannot lift it) he isn't.

It is called a paradox for a reason. It's a pointless question seeing as how the basis of the question is impossible to begin with.

Just like Jesus being the Messiah because the evidence isn't there.

NDM
Godfather
Godfather

Postby James2 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:34 pm

Gobln wrote:
NDM wrote:It is a paradox. If G-d is all powerful, can he create a stone so heavy he cannot lift it, or can he not create that?

James2 point is that God can do anything, including creating a rock he cannot lift. But then he could also lift that same rock.

Bingo.

Not sure why NDM and Dodo think being able to do anything requires being unable to do something.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby NDM » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:47 pm

James2 wrote:
Gobln wrote:

Bingo.

Not sure why NDM and Dodo think being able to do anything requires being unable to do something.

To be able to do everything, requires you to be able to do everything.

NDM
Godfather
Godfather

Postby cshizzle » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:43 pm

Given the state of the world, I'm guessing God must be a woman. Even the dumbest of men wouldn't be capable of screwing things up so badly.
cshizzle
Doctor
Doctor

Postby ARandomDouche » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:34 pm

cshizzle wrote:Given the state of the world, I'm guessing God must be a woman. Even the dumbest of men wouldn't be capable of screwing things up so badly.

That's a bit sexist. Have you ever considered this world is made like this on purpose?
ARandomDouche
Veteran
Veteran

Postby cshizzle » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:04 pm

ARandomDouche wrote:That's a bit sexist. Have you ever considered this world is made like this on purpose?

I think it is more sexist to not consider god might be female. Did he/she do bad things on purpose? That would probably depend on his/her race.
cshizzle
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Dodowarrior44 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:07 am

James2 wrote:In case you still don’t get it, omnipotence means the ability to do anything. It doesn’t mean the inability to do something (such as lift a one ton bag of rocks). Again, Logic 101.

I think you're trolling. THE OBJECT WAS TO MAKE A BOX OF ROCKS SO HEAVY THAT YOU COULD NOT LIFT IT. GOD CANNOT DO THAT. IF HE COULD, THEN HE COULD NOT LIFT THE BOX.

NDM wrote:
Gobln wrote:

Thus meaning he can't do everything, by making something he can't lift.

Yep, this is what I was going towards.

NDM wrote:

James, read this.

ScorpioDiAngelo wrote:

This is comepletely wrong.

Spoiler: all-pow·er·ful
ˌôlˈpou(ə)rfəl/
adjective
having complete power; almighty.
"an all-powerful dictator"
synonyms: omnipotent, almighty, supreme, preeminent; More

James2 wrote:
Gobln wrote:

Bingo.

If you can do anything you can make a a pile of rocks so heavy you cannot lift it
God cannot do this AND STILL BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING, as either he cannot pick up the rocks or create a pile of rocks so heavy he cannot lift it

cshizzle wrote:Given the state of the world, I'm guessing God must be a woman. Even the dumbest of men wouldn't be capable of screwing things up so badly.

That's sexist. Like, feminist levels of sexist. Stop. Get some help. Or put /s.
Also, god could just not exist ya know...

cshizzle wrote:
ARandomDouche wrote:That's a bit sexist. Have you ever considered this world is made like this on purpose?

I think it is more sexist to not consider god might be female. Did he/she do bad things on purpose? That would probably depend on his/her race.

yep, troll
Favorite Roles:
Witch, Blackmailer, Jailor

Least Favorite Roles:
Executioner

I usually play as Forest.
Dodowarrior44
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby James2 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:16 am

What sort of rocks do you think God would be unable to lift?
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby NDM » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:18 am

James2 wrote:What sort of rocks do you think God would be unable to lift?

Spoiler: The question is, can G-d create a rock so heavy even he can't lift it? If all-powerful, he can, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful. And Paradox.

NDM
Godfather
Godfather

Postby ARandomDouche » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:11 pm

NDM wrote:
James2 wrote:What sort of rocks do you think God would be unable to lift?

Spoiler: The question is, can G-d create a rock so heavy even he can't lift it? If all-powerful, he can, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful, but than he can't lift up the stone, thus meaning he isn't all-powerful, but if he could make the stone, he is all-powerful. And Paradox.

Oh boy. This a paradox for a reason.

Watch this.

An immature man founds a pebble on this desk, so he decides to pick it up. Because is very immature, he decides to carry on and pretend the pebble, is simply too heavy for him. Which we all know that even the weakest and most malnourished people can lift a pebble with ease, so we infer that he can lift that pebble. He eventually gets bored and pushes the pebble of his desk and continues on.

The same is with God, God creates a rock he cannot lift, then if he really wants too, he lifts it. Simples. If you were to argue the fact God doesn't exist, try arguing about his ethics rather then the limited meaning of "omnipotence."
ARandomDouche
Veteran
Veteran

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:52 pm

Give this guy a medal, he just quoted George Carlin.
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby itslitatthenightsh0w » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:38 am

If we evolved from monkeys, then how do we still have monkeys? Checkmate atheists - don
CALL ME ITSLITATTHENIGHTSH0W, BECAUSE I'M LIT (AT THE NIGHT SHOW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA6W2pOi3XY
itslitatthenightsh0w
Witch
Witch

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:06 pm

This is so stupid. It's like saying if 'European-Americans originated from Europeans, then why do Europeans still exist?'
You see... only a certain group of monkeys evolved to become apes and humans, while the other ancestral monkeys continued to exist and begat even more monkeys. Thus the reason for monkeys and humans co-existing even though humans evolved from monkeys. (Also sorry if that was supposed to be sarcasm but I have actually encountered people who genuinely ask question.)
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Dodowarrior44 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:28 pm

GrumpyGoomba wrote:This is so stupid. It's like saying if 'European-Americans originated from Europeans, then why do Europeans still exist?'
You see... only a certain group of monkeys evolved to become apes and humans, while the other ancestral monkeys continued to exist and begat even more monkeys. Thus the reason for monkeys and humans co-existing even though humans evolved from monkeys. (Also sorry if that was supposed to be sarcasm but I have actually encountered people who genuinely ask question.)

Ding ding ding. This is why I can't understand the stupidity of some people. Also, I'm back!

Another things I can't understand. Scorpio said God could both pick up and not pick up the stone. If he were capable of picking up the stone, then it would be impossible for him to not pick up the stone if he tried. Assuming he exists.
Favorite Roles:
Witch, Blackmailer, Jailor

Least Favorite Roles:
Executioner

I usually play as Forest.
Dodowarrior44
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Perunasose » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:06 am

I'm an atheist-agnostic (pretty sure?). I'm not sure if I really believe in God, afterlife, etc. but I can't see myself joining any religion I know, at least. I try to explain everything with science.
As for my background, my mom has tried many religions in the past, currently being a muslim, my dad is an atheist afaik (he doesn't talk about it very often and probably doesn't think of it too much, either) and my stepmom is christian.
Even though I wouldn't join any religions, really the only religions I truly hate are those where certain people (generic examples being homosexuals or women) are treated badly for traits they can't change about themselves, or where doing extremely immoral things (killing people, violence) is supported or required.

Favorite role: Plaguebearer
Least favorite role: Disguiser

Game of Nations map:

Spoiler: Image
Click the map to show full image

Join my discord server: https://discord.gg/yxxEnh8
Perunasose
Jester
Jester

Postby MafiaMenace » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:47 am

god doesnt exist
cya
Spoiler: Image

You’re going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll overcome this. You’ll walk again… soon.
MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussions