In Memoriam of Coolway99

Discuss about anything non-TOS related here. Keep responses high quality, or go to the Lounge 8-)

In Memoriam of Coolway99

Postby Schultz128 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:53 pm

Hey guys, this is a serious post.

To anyone who was here back in 2015, you might remember a user named Coolway99. He dabbled in Forum Mafia and made a program for note taking in FM back in 2014.

If you do remember this user, then I'm sorry to inform you that they died of a seizure on the 17th of last year. There is an article about Coolway here and his obituary here.

I never met him or knew of him, but it makes me sad to see one of our forum members has passed on.

Thoughts and wishes to his family.
Last edited by Schultz128 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schultz128
FM Awards: Creator
FM Awards: Creator

Re: In Memoriam of Coolway99

Postby Veeena » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:56 pm

Fucking hell.

He was a really cool guy and a smart one at that too. One of the first mates I saw outside on the forums on skype and such.

It's honestly a shame for this to happen. I only wish to have spoken to him more often before this happened. Rest in peace my friend.
OSRS Accounts: Veeena
Lewd Queen (Former HCIM)
Peepo Vee (GIM)

FF14: Xa Erros (NA Sargantas)

Formerly M4xwell
Known as
Xa/M4xy/Vee

Spoiler: Image

Some fucking Vee I suppose.

Veeena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DragonA7X » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:57 pm

Coolway, I can't believe that you are gone... I was so scared when you vanished off the face of the earth for quite a while and I was worried sick, but never would have I ever anticipated this ever happening... You were a really good friend of mine and it hurts that I didn't spend more time with you. I miss playing Overwatch with you, I miss game nights with cards and bgo, I miss everything. I always looked forward to the day I drew your ponysona and I am sorry I couldn't get to it sooner.

You were always there for me and you will be missed, rest in peace my friend.

DragonA7X
Donor
Donor

Postby Tiltedcomedian » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:00 pm

Respect for Cookware. He was one of the ones that drew me into FM after reading games he took part in, and inspired me to become a better coder. The few times I talked with him he seemed to sell himself short.

I'll miss him, as an acquaintance and a fellow programmer.

Best wishes for his family and may he not be forgotten.
Tiltedcomedian
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby Hurricat » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:09 pm

I'll miss Coolway so much. I can't even describe how heartbroken I am right now. He was such a good friend to all of us.
Hurricat
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Postby Waffleme3 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:57 pm

I just kept thinking he had just left to focus on college... I guess I was wrong.

Fuck, im going to miss you Coolway.

You helped me build a computer for the first time, I saw you help people with their code, correcting and making it better. Im going to miss your humor. Im going to miss playin with you. Im going to miss your urge to never be settled for anything but the best. Fuck, but most importantly, you were what made me interested in computers. I remember thinking to myself that I wanted to know as much as you did about computers. I even started the same way, by buying a text book on a computer language and learning it.

Coolway your desire to do something yourself and your commitment towards it was outstanding. I remember you made an entire discord bot to exactly replicate the pokemon battle system. You made your own formulas for items, abilities, types, and moves to make a better battle system than the one found in pokemon itself. You did this all, because you were not happy with a pokemon battle system another bot had. I wish I could have this desire and commitment to everything.

Im going to miss those days of sanctum 2 and overwatch. Im going to miss the days of other games. I loved playing with you, you always managed to be better than I was. When ever I played with you I tried to be as good as you. Im going to miss those times.

The last time I talked to you directly was 11 days before you passed away. I would never would of guessed. But this just goes to show, anything can happen at any time. You have to take what you have right now for granted.

You shaped what I wanted to do in life, and I hope that I am able to even get close to the level of genius you had toward technology.

You meant a lot to me Coolway.
Rest in peace, my good friend.
Last edited by Waffleme3 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks hurricat
Rest in peace Coolway and Birdy <3
Waffleme3
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby Salense » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:16 am

Sort of been trying to think of what to type for hours but think i'm still in shock a bit

Coolway, you were always that fun nerd friend who always sounded so happy whenever you were able to code stuff right and always was smart and knew how to do all that boring nerd stuff and still have fun doing it

Really sad that I didn't talk to you more because you always were fun to talk too when you were here

Rest in peace old buddy.
Salense
Patron
Patron

Postby letitgo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:44 am

Coolway was a fun person to hang around with in Discord calls, hearing his enthusiasm in even mundane things somehow made it a lot less boring. But he'll be dearly missed, without a doubt.

This wasn't the right time for him to depart...
But I'm glad to have met him at one point. Be at peace, friend.
letitgo
Godfather
Godfather

Postby atoonlinktothepast » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:21 am

Damn...

Coolway, you were an amazing guy. Wish I got to know you more.

It was fun playing FM with you in 2D & Episode 6. The note taker you made was awesome. Would perhaps like to see a memorial game in his name.
R.I.P Coolway99 & Birdy
-When you try to give a damn, but get Fukkireta'd instead-
T̷̞̂h̸̳̒ẽ̶̩ ̸͙̐v̶̫̈́i̸͓͋r̸̖̄ȗ̸͖s̵͔͘ ̵͚͌s̴̙̑p̷͙̈́r̸̞̓e̶̡̿a̴̟̔d̸̫̈́s̶͍̆
T͉͉͡h͉͉ͯe͉͉͂ v͉̟͉i͉͉̋r͉͍͉u͉͉̽s͉͉͌ s͉͉̆p͉͉͒r͉̰͉e̸͉͉a͉͚͉d͉͉᷄s͉͉͌
atoonlinktothepast
[Forum Mafia VI] Winner
[Forum Mafia VI] Winner

Postby SonOfAMedic » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:19 am

Holy shit... I had to come back just to pay my respects.

A part of me wants to deny it and beg, saying "There's no way we can know that it's him. It doesn't mention his username, that could be anyone." But a part of me has been worried about this ever since he kinda just vanished.

Coolway, you were a wonderful guy, always so happy, so kind, so enthusiastic. I had hoped to god that you had just gotten busy with life and stuff, but that was painfully wrong. I wish I had talked to you more, I wish I had the chance to.

I just wish we had found out sooner, so that i could pay my respects in a way that felt..... "more proper"
SonOfAMedic
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:32 am

Never knew him and I know it’s gonna be hard for those who did, but I offer my condolences and am truly sorry for y’all

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9
FM Awards: Town
FM Awards: Town

Postby DragonA7X » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:05 pm

We are also writing memorials on his steam page so feel free to write something on there as well. Just can't believe that Cookware is gone...
DragonA7X
Donor
Donor

Postby Cyantic » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:43 pm

It's such a strange feeling knowing he's been dead for a year and a bit. I remember fondly when we used to talk on Skype (an age and a half ago) and he was just, so... Coolway, you know? Like you can't even define it. God. And everything else he did - notetaker, giving out help on other's hw, pokebot, any of his projects... I'll miss him.

Rest in peace, Cway, rest in peace.
Cyantic
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby DragonA7X » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:33 pm

Coolway always wanted to commission me to draw his ponysona, but we never proceeded further than the planning process. I decided to take the liberty to finish up the drawing. I know you will never see this, but if you were here I know you'd be grinning ear to ear...

I miss you Coolway, I miss you so much...
DragonA7X
Donor
Donor

Postby Achro » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:22 pm

I honestly can't believe that you've been gone for a while now, Coolway. First of all, my thoughts go out to your family and your friends. I can't imagine what it's like for them, regardless of how long it's been.

Even though it's been years since we've last spoken directly, I can still distinctly recall your humour and the shenanigans that we all used to get up to in Skype. You were a constant in our group and when you joined our conversations, you would make it livelier with your presence and your personality. You were amazingly witty and most of all you were passionate about the things you loved (most notably, Technology). I only wish that we would've spoken together more (especially in the recent years).

You will always be our cyber pal, Coolway.
Rest in peace.
-
Last updated: -
Spoiler: idk man hmu on my new instagram w/ some of my friends @trinityofsatanicglasses
Achro
Consort
Consort

Postby Crimson97 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:07 pm

My condolences to his family. He was so young and had such a bright future. Things like this shouldn't happen

Spoiler:
Crimson97
[Forum Mafia XVIII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVIII] Winner

Postby Cirque » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:01 am

I don't know Coolway, but rest in peace. You will not be forgotten.

FM Record: 8 - 1
Cirque
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Jackparrot » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:19 am

Rest in peace my townie! :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

(Dont worry you are in a better place)
I am not as active as I used to be, although I should be somewhat active.
Jackparrot
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Villagerlover » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:28 pm

Coolway99's username gives me the impression of a funky, cheesy, cool and rad guy behind the computer screen.

:crying:
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby chitownmvp01 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:43 am

Coolway I miss playing FM with you. RIP. :(

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.

Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby Sturps » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:47 am

Sleep well, dear old friend. We never talked much, but I knew you were a cool dude.
A very touching tribute, Dragon. I knew you two were close. Hang in there.

#POSSIBILITIES PTSD Survivor.
Please wow with caution and at your own risk.
May or may not be insane.
Batteries not included.

Highest Overwatch SR: 3975 (S5)

Spoiler: ~~~ thE poSsIbiliTies aRe coMpLex ~~~
Sturps
Mafioso
Mafioso

Return to Off-Topic Discussions