Ask a Catholic

Discuss about anything non-TOS related here. Keep responses high quality, or go to the Lounge 8-)

Re: Ask a Catholic

Postby NDM » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:11 pm

JesuChristi666 wrote:James I don't get why that is such a big deal in the first place.

He just does not want to admit the Crusades was over land and not over G-d.
Spoiler: Thanks Archo and sorry for rushing you

Anyone who thinks they can debate me without evidence cannot win a debate. Anyone who just uses one quote as a point shows they are the failure, and prove the opposing side.

I suck at grammar. I admit it. Grammar is my lowest subject, compared to my math, reading, writing, science and history.
NDM
Godfather
Godfather

Postby James2 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:54 pm

JesuChristi666 wrote:James I don't get why that is such a big deal in the first place.

Because the narrative spread by people like NDM (or you) is a lie. More specifically, it's a lie told to delegitimize Christendom.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby NDM » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:57 pm

James2 wrote:

Because the narrative spread by people like NDM (or you) is a lie. More specifically, it's a lie told to delegitimize Christendom.

No it is facts proven by history. The Crusades were for land, as Persians, Abasids, and more held Israel before and after Rome.
Spoiler: Thanks Archo and sorry for rushing you

Anyone who thinks they can debate me without evidence cannot win a debate. Anyone who just uses one quote as a point shows they are the failure, and prove the opposing side.

I suck at grammar. I admit it. Grammar is my lowest subject, compared to my math, reading, writing, science and history.
NDM
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Wirewolf » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:37 am

NDM wrote:
James2 wrote:

No it is facts proven by history. The Crusades were for land, as Persians, Abasids, and more held Israel before and after Rome.

Speaking historically it was a mixture of factors. Undoubtedly, for some of the leadership it was for land, though they weren’t a majority by any means (arguably, not even within the leadership, never mind the crusaders as a whole). The Pope’s inner motivations were probably more to stem conflict amongst Catholic nations by giving them a common enemy and cause. For the average crusader/peasant they likely genuinely believed it was a religious mission from God to retake the Holy Land.
Wirewolf
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussions